Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube posted:

shut down sonic team, give the IP rights to the sonic mania guys, and just gently caress off forever. thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Great !! The Game feel like an Evolution From Sonic Colors and Generations. Great Music, Story, Gameplay and more. And i also like the section between 2D and 3D. i think people only said that Forces is bad because they are jealous how good Sonic Games is. Honestly, much more better then Mario

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

GameCube posted:

Great !! The Game feel like an Evolution From Sonic Colors and Generations. Great Music, Story, Gameplay and more. And i also like the section between 2D and 3D. i think people only said that Forces is bad because they are jealous how good Sonic Games is. Honestly, much more better then Mario

It’s better than Witcher 3

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished the game. Story was funny as expected and all the levels are 2 minutes long. Definite rent / steam sale game, but I'll still likely get all the S ranks and red rings.

Soral
May 30, 2009

how many levels are there

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ah. whoops. i got excited and thought the totem was an epic goatse reference

bump_fn posted:

Post ur OCs

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 8, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

how many levels are there

30 + some amount of extra stages from getting red rings. It's definitely more colors than generations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

Post ur OCs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the GAMER hat is too powerful, everyone is using it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i liked the idea of making your own character but all of the clothes ive seen in it look like poo poo to me

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

BIRD ABILITY

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'll still get it when it's on sale just for the character creator. i'm just sad because i thought sonic was good again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GameCube posted:

i'll still get it when it's on sale just for the character creator. i'm just sad because i thought sonic was good again

Sorry, but there's a reason this was only $40.

Soral
May 30, 2009

GameCube posted:

BIRD ABILITY

bird is the official OC animal of the imp zone

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

GameCube posted:

surely you played mania

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GameCube posted:

Best Buy is selling it for $25 on Black Friday apparently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Btw I'm playing Mania for the first time and it owns. It says I unlocked the Sonic CD peelout but it won't let me do it, I thought you held up and tapped jump or am I misremembering?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Btw I'm playing Mania for the first time and it owns. It says I unlocked the Sonic CD peelout but it won't let me do it, I thought you held up and tapped jump or am I misremembering?

You have to activate it on the secrets menu using a nosave file and you lose the drop dash. I'd rather have the drop dash

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ohhhh ok so I have to start a new game for that stuff? Gotcha . If I finish the game without all the Chaos Emeralds will I have to recollect them all in a single playthrough to get Super Sonic or do they carry over ? I'm pretty sure it's too late for me to grab them all at this point so if finishing with an incomplete amount is pointless I'll just save the bonus stages for next time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

After you beat the game all the giant rings respawn and you get level select, so you can just go back and get the Emeralds at your leisure.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyXcW23Vb3U

Sonic Forces: Nothing happened. Literally.

I did kinda like this level though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyXcW23Vb3U

Sonic Forces: Nothing happened. Literally.

I did kinda like this level though
Grinding over a huge future city just makes me want to play Ratchet and Clank.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never considered myself a huge Sonic fan but I guess I owned a Genesis and not an SNES growing up .... playing through Mania now and it's crazy how deeply all of the classic Sonic sound effects have sunk their tendrils into my brain. These should have been on the Autism Test I had to take multiple times as a kid instead of questions like "do you have a fascination with building elaborate mousetraps?"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

did the same team from generations work on forces? its just so baffling that they would gently caress up every aspect of the game so badly. like the guy who calls the shots is a huge weirdo that thinks Sonic 06 was the most amazing game ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when they make a sonic thats cutscene heavy and involves all the bizarre 06 characters i think "who in the world did they make this for?" like surely the people that like that stuff are a super tiny cult of idiots while the vast majority just want more generations/mania

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

when they make a sonic thats cutscene heavy and involves all the bizarre 06 characters i think "who in the world did they make this for?" like surely the people that like that stuff are a super tiny cult of idiots while the vast majority just want more generations/mania

i like all those characters except they dont do anything in this game so its lame to have them around

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

extremebuff posted:

did the same team from generations work on forces? its just so baffling that they would gently caress up every aspect of the game so badly. like the guy who calls the shots is a huge weirdo that thinks Sonic 06 was the most amazing game ever

Forces was made by a much smaller team than previous games and the design leads were all relative amateurs, aside from the writer/director/producer whose last directed game was 06

the rumour is that there was another cancelled game in between the last game (Lost World) and this one and that Forces' budget/schedule suffered for it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Forces was made by a much smaller team than previous games and the design leads were all relative amateurs, aside from the writer/director/producer whose last directed game was 06

the rumour is that there was another cancelled game in between the last game (Lost World) and this one and that Forces' budget/schedule suffered for it

i hope this game alone didnt take 4 years

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ah thats the perfect person to trust with the big new sonic game lol. i heard lost world didnt exactly do well (hell it was a wiiu exclusive for a good while) so that probably also stung.

well at least mania gave me my sonic fix for a good while

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lost World is my favorite 3d sonic but it's almost universally reviled

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Lost World is my favorite 3d sonic but it's almost universally reviled
It's one of those underrated games that's going to make a bunch of "Best Games You Didn't Know About" lists in a few years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently sonic forces has a comparable budget to super Mario Odyssey lol. Due to years of team shuffling and restructuring and tumultuous business. But still...lmfao

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

i hope this game alone didnt take 4 years

if the rumours are true then it was the cancelled game, Forces and the mobile game Sonic Runners which was doing okay but was allegedly cancelled because they needed the manpower for Forces and the Puyo Tetris Switch port

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://www.factmag.com/2017/11/09/john-carpenter-sonic-the-hedgehog/

Soral
May 30, 2009

the level design lead had only worked on one sonic game before and everyone else on the level design team had zero experience. lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Really watching some of the speedrunners do individual level runs there's the pieces of a good game there. There are a lot of really cool tricks you can do to go fast but the levels are so short that they end before it gets interesting. It's a shame that they felt like they had to include 4 different gameplay styles when 1 would have been preferable (either tag team or just modern) and given them room to come up for unique challenges for those styles. As it stands we just just got 4 shallow fragments of a game plus a oc maker.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Hate to break it to you, but Sonic Boom actually released

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
that wasn't made by sonic team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I wanna be interested in Forces but it's really hard after watching some gameplay videos and comparing them to the last 70+ hours of Mario Odyssey I just played.

• Locked thread