Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Plutonis posted:

who the hell hcanged my av

i dunno but your old one was incredibly annoying so its a good change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic Mania looks cool.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i need an everdrive

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i remember it being pretty good as long as youre playing as sonic

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its a chemical level

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Overbite posted:

I didnt like sonic cd. I think it's the worst of that era. 3k is best

Agreed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gonna buy this tomorrow and play it alld ay.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
this is a long fuckin game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Press Garden Act 2 is one of the best Sonic levels ever.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Studiopolis is amazing too. Why'd all these new levels have to be based on old ones.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
From a pure level design standpoint all the stages are good. But the quality of the aesthetics is what really drives a good Sonic game and it's just like...yep, it sure is Chemical Plant zone again :geno:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I hope they make sonic 5 with a bigger team and all new levels, but this game is only as long as it is because of all the level remixes. they just didn't have the resources to make a ton of completely original zones but hopefully this game's success gets them what they need to make a fully original game

Yeah I figured it's a budget thing, where it's more cost effective or whatever to grab art assets from the old games than create all new ones.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the newish zones are distinctly uglier than the remixes

Naw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
3&K is still better than this game imo, if only because its all original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

P-Mack posted:

wasn't the whole gimmick though that you could replay older games as knuckles through the magic of backwards compatibility

like I think it's all the same ethos

i'm not sure what you mean?

• Locked thread