Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Have there been any Hatsune Miku and Sonic crossovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFILY93a9I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

It looks like a sonic game

the 2D sections of the 3D Sonic games have never been very good and they look worse than usual in this game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

The 2d sections of sonic unleashed looked kinda nice back in the day. Maybe it was because of the werehog levels were depressing.

it's a matter of context, in Unleashed they'd usually start 3D and turn 2D for a stretch later in the stage so it was easier to swallow because it was literally presented as 3D Sonic turned sideways but in Generations they tried to pass it off as a faithful recreation of classic 2D Sonic gameplay but the illusion breaks the moment you jump or run over an incline or whatever

Forces looks to have the same problem, and then there's the custom character stages which seem like generic platformer stuff cribbed from other games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hydrocity makes the most sense for a Sonic 3 pull, it's among the better zones and it doesn't have the really obvious music issues that some of the other zones have

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

IdealFlaws posted:

Sonic was great at the time but aged horribly. It was Sonic teams real first 3d platformer wasn't it?

yes but it's not like they got a whole lot better in the past 20 years

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I stand by both of those posts

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hydrocity has the best music in all S3&K

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it's weird to me that every Sonic fan game dork in the world seems to have settled on Sonic CD as the truest form of Sonic game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Advance 2 is a boost game without boost

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I beat it yesterday, there's a clear difference in visual quality/theming between the remixed stages and the original ones but other than that it's pretty good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope you bought Puyo Tetris

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycophobia posted:

From a pure level design standpoint all the stages are good. But the quality of the aesthetics is what really drives a good Sonic game and it's just like...yep, it sure is Chemical Plant zone again :geno:

the newish zones are distinctly uglier than the remixes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

P-Mack posted:

Just that 3&K isn't really "all original" being that it's using content from regular 3.

But now that I double check they were both developed and released simultaneously so I withdraw my argument.

S&K is literally the second half of S3 sold as a separate cartridge because they couldn't finish it all in time for S3, it's not just a Knuckles adapter for old games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Apparently sonic forces is shorter than the bubsy reboot that came out last week

that can't possibly be true, Bubsy's barely even a game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

extremebuff posted:

did the same team from generations work on forces? its just so baffling that they would gently caress up every aspect of the game so badly. like the guy who calls the shots is a huge weirdo that thinks Sonic 06 was the most amazing game ever

Forces was made by a much smaller team than previous games and the design leads were all relative amateurs, aside from the writer/director/producer whose last directed game was 06

the rumour is that there was another cancelled game in between the last game (Lost World) and this one and that Forces' budget/schedule suffered for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

i hope this game alone didnt take 4 years

if the rumours are true then it was the cancelled game, Forces and the mobile game Sonic Runners which was doing okay but was allegedly cancelled because they needed the manpower for Forces and the Puyo Tetris Switch port

• Locked thread