Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

forces looks boring..i thought they were making generations 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah that looks terrible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mania is looking really good!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mania looks really drat good. love that theyre bringing back the bubbles from sonic 3 that let you do special moves like that flame tackle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Sonic's friends will talk to you during the levels :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTzm8WgtlE

yeah i hate everything about this game. bizarre that sonic mania is the complete polar opposite end of the spectrum

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

i loved sonic generations so i'm willing to suffer sonic's friends talking at me to get more of it. not every game can be perfect.........

i think i only liked the 3d levels because they were tickling the nostalgia part of my brain because when i played levels i didnt recognize i thought they were boring garbage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

[begins getting mario maker flashbacks]

hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that game is awesome. its also the first kart racer ive played that is genuinely hard on higher settings, and when you beat the game you get a nearly impossible difficulty for all missions

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont think therell be a ton of people online (if there ever were) but the SP is really strong

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel like sonic advance 2 and 3 were games i played in a fever dream and didnt actually exist but they did

its advance 1 but with a huge focus on speeding through race course like levels, but you still can only see 3 feet in front of sonic so until you memorize the course you just die and slam into traps a lot. i wont say its bad but it was a loving weird game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTejwu4oaw some brief level spoilers. pretty much calling this the best thing thats been done w/ sonic since 3 & knuckles, im glad a bunch of diehards got it so right

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Sorry Chuck103, you just weren't fast enough

sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWGZQnxuAs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

unbelievable a 3d sonic has bad levels, camera, controls, and stupid unskippable story. hard to believe after masterpieces like sonic adventure 1 and 2, sonic unleashed, sonic 2006, sonic goes to camelot for some reasaon?, shadow the hedgehog, and sonic heroes 1 - 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

did the same team from generations work on forces? its just so baffling that they would gently caress up every aspect of the game so badly. like the guy who calls the shots is a huge weirdo that thinks Sonic 06 was the most amazing game ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when they make a sonic thats cutscene heavy and involves all the bizarre 06 characters i think "who in the world did they make this for?" like surely the people that like that stuff are a super tiny cult of idiots while the vast majority just want more generations/mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Forces was made by a much smaller team than previous games and the design leads were all relative amateurs, aside from the writer/director/producer whose last directed game was 06

ah thats the perfect person to trust with the big new sonic game lol. i heard lost world didnt exactly do well (hell it was a wiiu exclusive for a good while) so that probably also stung.

well at least mania gave me my sonic fix for a good while

• Locked thread