Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

elf help book posted:

if they need the time to make it right, they should take it. also they should give it to me now

My thoughts too. I couldn't imagine why they'd need such a long delay for a 2d game but I'm all for it. Can't waitttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Fellas we have reached the pinnacle of Sonic

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Sonic was great at the time but aged horribly. It was Sonic teams real first 3d platformer wasn't it?

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Oops double post

IdealFlaws fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 31, 2017

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Goddammit can mods delete this and past post. My bad

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

yes but it's not like they got a whole lot better in the past 20 years

Yeah that's true. I think after adventure, it was apparent that Dreamcast was on it's deathbed and Sega lost it's competitive attitude and a lot of employees stopped giving a gently caress. Yuji naka went off to start PROPE

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ArfJason posted:

The unleashed daytime formula is possibly the most fun ive ever had with sonic and im glad they are trying to keep at it. Hopefully theyll work out some of its worst parts

I still can't get used to the style they use for the running segments of the newer games. The drifting mechanic is so ridiculous lol. I wish they'd set a groundwork for a slow solid platformer where they can get the foundation right then build up his speed from there instead of splitting games into racetrack/city levels

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's weird to me that every Sonic fan game dork in the world seems to have settled on Sonic CD as the truest form of Sonic game

It was an only-sonic game when people were getting tired of all of the new characters being introduced in every game. Also something about naoto oshima's own version of a sonic sequel. And then there's stardust speedway bad future level music. So good!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ArfJason posted:

yeah whatever [tries cracking knuckles but feels a bit of pain and stops before anything happens] i dont care about your lovely burns man im calm

Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Instant as in just travelling as soon as you hit the sign? disagree. But I do think if you hit the sign going full speed you should time travel in less time.

I love going so fast his feet blur making a sideways 8 lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Anyone in the US know what time it'll be on the Nintendo eShop?

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Bill Barber posted:

Hopefully in a little less than 6 hours.

I keep checking the new releases section I CANT WAit

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Yeah being able to take it portable on the switch is too good to pass up

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Yes guy

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

DOWNLOADING

LESGOOOOO

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
These remixes are so good! Just started chem plant

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Soral posted:

mean bean machine

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

looks like the way to make a good sonic game is to get rid of all the japanese people. hosed up but true.

For sure get rid of sega management because this was tried before with sonic boom being made by some small studio that's not sonic team and it turned out rushed and terrible

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

GameCube posted:

https://twitter.com/cyclonx_/status/923219462593105921

shut down sonic team, give the IP rights to the sonic mania guys, and just gently caress off forever. thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Sonic team head likes to remind people that he came up idea when they came to him with the prototype for the game

• Locked thread