Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Hylian shield will deflect lasers without having to parry as well

It deflects them to the side like any shield, the difference is that it can survive a few. The Ancient Shield deflects it just like a parry though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i ended up being pretty good at parrying, i had just never had to do it before that point. apparently i still didn't. i did get a few flurry rushes in on him, but it was mostly parrying the lazers and magma balls

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I actually dont mind the rain as much as some people because it keeps world exploration from being like 90% climbing all the time but after a while it might be nice to be able to control the weather.

so maybe instrument + song of storms or something for the dlc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i hope they add a bunch of cool poo poo like what you guys are talking about but tbh i'm cautiously optimistic. i get the feeling they're just gonna add more of the same

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rain knixing the climbing was actually pretty clever cause it lets them control outdoor puzzles and level design without putting mismatching 'cant climb' blocks everywhere

plus it looks really pretty

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

extremebuff posted:

apparently there is a void trigger around the plateau until you get the glider, but it has holes you can sneak through

There's also a death cube preventing you from getting very far away from the plateau.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

There's also a death cube preventing you from getting very far away from the plateau.

and if you approach hyrule castle, link will meet the slaughter sphere

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Harrow posted:

It deflects them to the side like any shield, the difference is that it can survive a few. The Ancient Shield deflects it just like a parry though.

If you move forward as it's connecting the laser will be deflected back at Ganon :ssh:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm not even sure there is much of a Ganon backstory to tell this time because it seems like his backstory here is just all of the other Zelda games. Like when Urbosa says he took the form of a gerudo voe once, that's probably just referring to the times when he took human form, like Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

In OoT he's actually explicitly referred to as a rare male gerudo (hence the red hair)

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
i hope the hard mode makes all night like the pitch black sections of the game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

In OoT he's actually explicitly referred to as a rare male gerudo (hence the red hair)

Yeah, I just meant that Urbosa wasn't necessarily talking about some new story where Calamity Ganon was a gerudo or something, because he already was a gerudo.

Were there any stories with Ganondorf before Ocarina? Because if I remember correctly that's his first appearance (obviously there was Demise but that's not Ganondorf). Like is Ocarina his origin story?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I just meant that Urbosa wasn't necessarily talking about some new story where Calamity Ganon was a gerudo or something, because he already was a gerudo.

Were there any stories with Ganondorf before Ocarina? Because if I remember correctly that's his first appearance (obviously there was Demise but that's not Ganondorf). Like is Ocarina his origin story?

Ocarina is his origin story yes. It's where the man became the monster.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BotW has me itching to replay the other 3D Zeldas even though I know they're barely even the same kind of game. There isn't much more I want to do in Breath of the Wild right now--might get all of the shrines but I'm gonna replay it on Switch within a year probably so I actually want to leave some things incomplete--but I'm itching for more Zelda. Maybe I'll get Twilight Princess HD, I know there's a lot of disdain out there for it but it and Skyward Sword are the only 3D Zeldas I've only played a few hours of so I should probably give it a shot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

twilight princess is a very fine game, just easy. if you dont mind that its pretty great honestly

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can live with easy. I love Wind Waker after all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started playing TP HD after BOTW and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Seeing DESTROY GANON: COMPLETE after the final boss fight was sweet as hell and I love when games use things you see often (like quest complete notifications) in clever and unexpected ways

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4UqlgXoQo

lol

edit: drat, didn't see this was posted in the other thread already

whatis fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 20, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

References to (I'm pretty sure) every single Zelda game on the map in Breath of the Wild: http://imgur.com/a/7Q5d6

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Harrow posted:

References to (I'm pretty sure) every single Zelda game on the map in Breath of the Wild: http://imgur.com/a/7Q5d6

Where are the references to Link's Crossbow Training?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shield Surfing combo/tricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gr-ONHVN2k

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Sorry but this just looks retarded

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish there were real tricks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I wish there were real tricks

Yeah you can do ollies and spin attack but you shoukd be able to bust out the stalefish in the air lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

whatis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq4UqlgXoQo

lol

edit: drat, didn't see this was posted in the other thread already

I mean, it's cool and all, just still a lot of work compared to just putting some yellow chu jelly directly on the pad.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I mean, it's cool and all, just still a lot of work compared to just putting some yellow chu jelly directly on the pad.

holy poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, that's awesome. i love the fact that they handcrafted these puzzles, but also trust the player enough to just let them totally bypass them w/ lateral thinking.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

RIP Spirit Tracks

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

Need tp for my botwhole

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah I'm either going to do that or do another playthrough of Wind Waker HD, haven't decided yet. Wind Waker does have my favorite aesthetics of any Zelda game, even BotW, but TP would be something new to me.

Regy Rusty posted:

RIP Spirit Tracks

BTW you were totally right about me getting Zelda for the Wii U a while ago when I was waffling about the Switch, just thought you'd like to know

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

BTW you were totally right about me getting Zelda for the Wii U a while ago when I was waffling about the Switch, just thought you'd like to know

I'm glad! I knew I wouldn't have been able to bear waiting so I figured you'd be happier that way too. And then the game went and exceeded my expectations. Nintendo really pulled it off.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I played WWHD hero before BotW and it was a real nice transition

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wind Waker is still my favorite Zelda to look at. I love Breath of the Wild's overall aesthetic design but Wind Waker's colors, character design, and enemy design are all absolutely top notch.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
BotW strikes a really pleasant balance between WW's and TP's art styles, with bits of OOT/MM and SS here and there, but also adding its own artistic elements *Italian chef hand kiss gesture*

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gonna hook up my Wii U just to play wwhd

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Think I might do a Hero Mode WWHD run but first I'm gonna have to get used to non-inverted Y axis again :negative:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i replay windwaker once a year and wanna pick up tphd if it goes on sale for like 20 cause 50 is just highway robbery

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i just finished kass' quest chain and the sight of him leading all his children in song is so loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and his song just turned into the zelda theme holy loving poo poo i have goosebumps

• Locked thread