Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

people found that you can ride a tree off the great plateau the moment you get stasis and theyre figuring out if doing this or getting the parasail is faster, it's nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

uh...source?

i cant find it but there was a shortclip of someone chopping a tree near the edge of the plateua, hitting it a couple times under stasis and riding it down safely to a little body of water

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its an interesting skip but the glider probably winds up being way faster. it takes a minute to climb those giant towers around the castle and you can sail like 80% of the way to the throne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Well you still need to collect weapons in the castle, so going straight to the the end isn't ideal. I need to see the early plateau exit because I was under the impression that the plateau was its own map until you got the glider.

tbh theres every possibility it was faked, he didnt go through menus and confirm he didnt have the glider or anything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

boss tier list
thunderblight ganon
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ganon
yiga clan man
-
-
-
the rest

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ah i just meant the main bosses. the lynels are fun yeah, the advanced ones with the giant clubs aren't loving around. i think in 4* hylian plate the silver ones would still rip off 8 hearts a swing it's crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Well you still need to collect weapons in the castle, so going straight to the the end isn't ideal. I need to see the early plateau exit because I was under the impression that the plateau was its own map until you got the glider.

https://twitter.com/venick409/status/839533795862786048

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently there is a void trigger around the plateau until you get the glider, but it has holes you can sneak through

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Harrow posted:

Classic Zelda thing I want in the game: a boss you play tennis with.

it was awesome doing this with ganon and not being sure if thats what i was supposed to do

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i meant the lasers haha, the electricity would just fry you. i just didnt expect the game to actually go "ok you know that cool thing you may or may not have pulled off on the guardians? well.."

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rain knixing the climbing was actually pretty clever cause it lets them control outdoor puzzles and level design without putting mismatching 'cant climb' blocks everywhere

plus it looks really pretty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

There's also a death cube preventing you from getting very far away from the plateau.

and if you approach hyrule castle, link will meet the slaughter sphere

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

twilight princess is a very fine game, just easy. if you dont mind that its pretty great honestly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i replay windwaker once a year and wanna pick up tphd if it goes on sale for like 20 cause 50 is just highway robbery

• Locked thread