Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Have you seen the cool as hell shrine skips this person's posting? These own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEx7a3C-WTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder if anyone will even try to route an all shrines/all beasts speedrun. I have no idea how much time that would take just with getting around.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

gannon doesn't really have a backstory, which is often part of the games. i think they hint at him being disguised a gerudo voe once or twice in the dialogue, but not much else.

I'm not even sure there is much of a Ganon backstory to tell this time because it seems like his backstory here is just all of the other Zelda games. Like when Urbosa says he took the form of a gerudo voe once, that's probably just referring to the times when he took human form, like Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

Classic Zelda thing I want in the game: a boss you play tennis with.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

it was awesome doing this with ganon and not being sure if thats what i was supposed to do

Could you do that with the lightning orbs he shot? I actually didn't try, just figured I'd get shocked. I did deflect his lasers back though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i meant the lasers haha, the electricity would just fry you. i just didnt expect the game to actually go "ok you know that cool thing you may or may not have pulled off on the guardians? well.."

I managed to finish off Calamity Ganon with a reflected laser and it felt extremely :hellyeah:

sector_corrector posted:

i had never parried outside of the parry tutorial until the gannon bossfight. is there another way to knock him out of invincibility?

He drops it sometimes on his own, and he'll drop it if you trigger a flurry rush

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Hylian shield will deflect lasers without having to parry as well

It deflects them to the side like any shield, the difference is that it can survive a few. The Ancient Shield deflects it just like a parry though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

In OoT he's actually explicitly referred to as a rare male gerudo (hence the red hair)

Yeah, I just meant that Urbosa wasn't necessarily talking about some new story where Calamity Ganon was a gerudo or something, because he already was a gerudo.

Were there any stories with Ganondorf before Ocarina? Because if I remember correctly that's his first appearance (obviously there was Demise but that's not Ganondorf). Like is Ocarina his origin story?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BotW has me itching to replay the other 3D Zeldas even though I know they're barely even the same kind of game. There isn't much more I want to do in Breath of the Wild right now--might get all of the shrines but I'm gonna replay it on Switch within a year probably so I actually want to leave some things incomplete--but I'm itching for more Zelda. Maybe I'll get Twilight Princess HD, I know there's a lot of disdain out there for it but it and Skyward Sword are the only 3D Zeldas I've only played a few hours of so I should probably give it a shot

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can live with easy. I love Wind Waker after all

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Seeing DESTROY GANON: COMPLETE after the final boss fight was sweet as hell and I love when games use things you see often (like quest complete notifications) in clever and unexpected ways

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

References to (I'm pretty sure) every single Zelda game on the map in Breath of the Wild: http://imgur.com/a/7Q5d6

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I started playing TP HD after BOTW and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Yeah I'm either going to do that or do another playthrough of Wind Waker HD, haven't decided yet. Wind Waker does have my favorite aesthetics of any Zelda game, even BotW, but TP would be something new to me.

Regy Rusty posted:

RIP Spirit Tracks

BTW you were totally right about me getting Zelda for the Wii U a while ago when I was waffling about the Switch, just thought you'd like to know

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wind Waker is still my favorite Zelda to look at. I love Breath of the Wild's overall aesthetic design but Wind Waker's colors, character design, and enemy design are all absolutely top notch.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Think I might do a Hero Mode WWHD run but first I'm gonna have to get used to non-inverted Y axis again :negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

and his song just turned into the zelda theme holy loving poo poo i have goosebumps

:same:

Kass is the best and I love his whole side quest and how it ends

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kass is my favorite NPC, sorry Sidon fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Soral posted:

playing epona's song on the hypothetical dlc instrument should call your horse from infinite range instead of the limited whistle range. just my idea

Let me borrow Kass's accordion and do that

Also in case anyone wants to see what it'd really look like to play Kass's song on an accordion (which is the only real value of this video because it sure doesn't sound different :v:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H95BFbr-IY

• Locked thread