Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

No Butt Stuff posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/130B79wMsSDVyLDRiqic4XUJRlLFDwTJ-OtU5iHBdlUQ/edit?usp=sharing

Use it, or don't. Whatever. Let me know who needs edit access since I'll be busy (lose interest) around round 3 I'm sure.

Added to OP, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Unless you have a great O Line I'm not sure how much difference an RB is gonna make. In general

There's a pretty good argument for like, Seattle to not go after running backs at the cost of a high pick or for lots of money until they fix their line. But mediocre lines can be good enough for a great running back to do a lot of damage.

Kansas City's line was nothing particularly special for most of Jamaal Charles career, and I want to say the same thing for Minnesota and Adrian Peterson although I'm not as familiar with them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

There's a pretty good argument for like, Seattle to not go after running backs at the cost of a high pick or for lots of money until they fix their line. But mediocre lines can be good enough for a great running back to do a lot of damage.

Kansas City's line was nothing particularly special for most of Jamaal Charles career, and I want to say the same thing for Minnesota and Adrian Peterson although I'm not as familiar with them.

It's why Charles is 100x better than Priest Holmes and it isnt even close

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

It's why Charles is 100x better than Priest Holmes and it isnt even close

How good was San Diego's line when Tomlinson was around?

I don't remember thinking they were bad or anything, but also don't remember being scared of the line so much as being terrified about LdT. Looking it up it seems like they had a pretty good interior line and questionable tackles, which seems weird but makes sense for my impression.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

How good was San Diego's line when Tomlinson was around?

I don't remember thinking they were bad or anything, but also don't remember being scared of the line so much as being terrified about LdT. Looking it up it seems like they had a pretty good interior line and questionable tackles, which seems weird but makes sense for my impression.

Really awful early, decent around 2006-2007, then fell apart toward the end. The line started coming together around 2005 when Hardwick, Dielman, and Mike Goff were at the center and guard spots.

Marcus McNeil was probate the best LT that Tomlinson ever had, and he was average. It's why I still maintain that Tomlinson's 2003 was more impressive than 2006

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Gatts posted:

Unless you have a great O Line I'm not sure how much difference an RB is gonna make. In general

Washington actually has a pretty good oline.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Since we're sharing draft sheets I figured you guys might like mine as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17gqDcLEUJHRoNK1rCwuqG8LKKbKPEqtQbodmauQYKiU/edit?usp=sharing

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
OJ Howard is ranked pretty high and over Foster at times so I guess not a bad choice. Seems like a safer option

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I earnestly did not realize Mike Williams had dropped to, like, the third-best WR prospect, but he's the only one I ever watched and he was good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Omg so close to a guy I would be THRILLED to fall to Miami

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In hindsight it would have been kind of cool to draft McCaffrey in the first, and then get a pounder later on like Foreman for a hell of a 1-2 punch

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yo, I'm not going to be able to joke-draft a wide receiver for the Lions if y'all keep taking them. :mad:

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 28, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh, I'm up. I'll post my pick when I get home from work

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

Oh, I'm up. I'll post my pick when I get home from work

What the hell time do you work until?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is it just me or is this draft class kind of underwhelming?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

What the hell time do you work until?

Whoops. I went to the movies.

I had to triple check to make sure that no one in TFF had taken an OL in the first 19 picks. It's eerie

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

I had to triple check to make sure that no one in TFF had taken an OL in the first 19 picks. It's eerie

What did you go see?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

a neat cape posted:

I wish you'd stayed a bit longer at the movies.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Dolphins aren't getting Haason Reddick. Neener neener neener.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

What did you go see?

John Wick 2

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

John Wick 2

Good choice.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God drat gently caress you detroit

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Archives are broken, right? I really want to see who I drafted last year, besides Nkimdiche.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

Archives are broken, right? I really want to see who I drafted last year, besides Nkimdiche.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769767

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao I took Geronimo Allison in the 4th and Connor Cook in the 2nd, I still like that draft haul better than Jared Cook though.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I basically ended up with my second choice pick, I wanted Cam Robinson but he got picked earlier.

Garett is a bit of a risk but he is strong, aggressive and overcame earlier character issues so has the determination that the Texans need. He will have to start as a Right Tackle obviously, which is the Texans area of need.

If there were any better QBs I would have selected one first, I think the current batch is pretty poor though and they need protection from a strong offense.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I really want Hasson Reddick. I debated on Zach Cunningham over McDowell but the value on McDowell at 24 is pretty insane and he fits our biggest, most important need: push up the middle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bolles is a solid choice that I'd be down with

fsif posted:

I don't think archives are broken so much as the process of archiving new threads is broken?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 28, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

Good choice.

You have a PM.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

I don't think archives are broken so much as the process of archiving new threads is broken?

I was just using the selector thing in the bottom right because it's the best way to find threads with old takes.

Want to see Goon Draft 2014, really.

e: oh, guess it works! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612914

fsif fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 28, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

You have a PM.

I have replied to PM. *hi five*

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
That's what I get for not reading the rules.

That is both the correct price and timing for a Jimmy G trade.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

fsif posted:

I was just using the selector thing in the bottom right because it's the best way to find threads with old takes.

Want to see Goon Draft 2014, really.

e: oh, guess it works! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612914

Man, I wish we would've drafted Odell Beckham that year. Funny that Cooks went right afterwards.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You're all enormous cunts for drafting the OL. Special shoutout to warcrimes for also being oval office by snapping up DT Malik.

Literally me when I got home from work to check the draft thread:

http://i.imgur.com/o2uZQs5.mp4

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

My draft tldr: got Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State @ 26. Spent the rest of my picks on OL that in the actual draft went 5th round or later lmao. Got a good CB later though.

e: after a quick look, I didn't see anybody who really crushed it. Who had the best draft?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 29, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You're all enormous cunts for drafting the OL. Special shoutout to warcrimes for also being oval office by snapping up DT Malik.

:same:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
After Denver picked, I wrote down eight names. The first five names on that list went in the next five picks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Same, but at pick #2.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Uh Chiefs goons, I definitely didn't expect this many QBs on the board. Is it stupid to skip Trubisky for Watson or Mahomes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh Chiefs goons, I definitely didn't expect this many QBs on the board. Is it stupid to skip Trubisky for Watson or Mahomes?

I will gladly trade you this pick today for a hamburger on Tuesday.

I think that's how it goes.

• Locked thread