Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Have to say, I'm very surprised and very pleased that Takk fell to me. I was sure I'd get sniped again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Guess every team needs a loving cornerback this year, huh?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

fsif posted:

Guess every team needs a loving cornerback this year, huh?

Patriots are playing grabass with Malcolm Butler, otherwise Saints wouldn't need one.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sidney Jones in the 2nd, you dick!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

89 posted:

Sidney Jones in the 2nd, you dick!

I thought the value was there. No clue where he will go in the actual draft, but my guess is third round at the latest.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
That linebacker dude went early in the second to Dallas last year, right. Figure similar for Jones. Surely Cleveland or San Fran is prepared to give him a redshirt year?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

tarbrush posted:

That linebacker dude went early in the second to Dallas last year, right. Figure similar for Jones. Surely Cleveland or San Fran is prepared to give him a redshirt year?

Myles Jack went to the Jags.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Myles Jack went to the Jags.

Think he's talking about Jaylon Smith.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Grittybeard posted:

Think he's talking about Jaylon Smith.

Yup, him.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Forgot about that guy. I guess Sidney Jones will go in the second.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wasn't expecting him to be available that late.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasn't expecting him to be available that late.

I have a feeling that's going to be the sentiment for a lot of picks at the end of the 2nd round.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
DAMNIT. Dion Dawkins is taken. NOW WHAT. I don't like this draft class, man.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Gatts posted:

DAMNIT. Dion Dawkins is taken. NOW WHAT. I don't like this draft class, man.

Seems cruel to doom poor Nathan Peterman to a career with the wrong name on his jersey though :)

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Nate Peterman is a less accurate Alex Smith

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

Seems cruel to doom poor Nathan Peterman to a career with the wrong name on his jersey though :)

Uuuuhhhhh... *shuffle cards* he's not good enough to be a man, yet.

There. I think that saved me.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ShakeZula posted:

I think you mean Nathan Peterson

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Less than 6 hours for the Lions to make a pick.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Dolphins don't still need a linebacker, do they?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'd be pretty shocked if we ignored secondary two picks in a row considering our safety/cb situation

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
well poop.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

loving lions wait 24 hours and take my guy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus Christ gently caress you detroit back to back rounds they've done this. Who takes linebackers 1+2 lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait is Davis available ?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait is Davis available ?

Jarrad Davis is available, though I almost took him myself (and would have if Takk had been taken)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. I like him at bottom of 1 so I'm thrilled to be honest

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus Christ gently caress you detroit back to back rounds they've done this. Who takes linebackers 1+2 lol

Are, uh, you familiar with Detrot's linebacker situation?

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Both the LBs I was hoping to get one of went right before me, dammit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Are, uh, you familiar with Detrot's linebacker situation?

Listen don't throw logic at me when I was overreacting about TJ watt being taken. I was still super bitter about the first round

But I'm really happy with Davis falling to me so were good yay Detroit

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
That is the offensive line done then, my initial first choice lineup was Cam Robinson and Taylor Moton but I'm happy with who I got.

If there were any QBs worth a drat in this draft, then I would have gone for them, unfortunately the ones we do have seem to be long term projects or potential busts, rather than starters.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Picks need to speed up cuz I'm crushing this draft.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
That worked out well, Awuzie was my highest rated player available and will be an immediate starter at slot or nickel and versatile enough to play any DB position.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Who takes linebackers 1+2 lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

A torn pectoral should have him back in time for training camp. BPA and I think having a strong corner opposite Marcus Peters or at least in the slot if Mitchell works out really helps the only hole I see in our secondary.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Happy to nab someone I'd considered for the 1st round, prototype TT corner.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's a great pick

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Abugadu posted:

Happy to nab someone I'd considered for the 1st round, prototype TT corner.

This is a run on really good CBs- all these guys should be starting or ready to start from day one

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Forgive me i am out, it might be hours before I can pick

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jeebus Christmas, all the CBs are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wasn't Brantley considered a mid to low first rounder around combine time or am I mixing him up with someone else?

• Locked thread