Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't Brantley considered a mid to low first rounder around combine time or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Yeah, he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Grittybeard posted:

Wasn't Brantley considered a mid to low first rounder around combine time or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Yes and this is the best value pick of the draft so far

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

warcrimes posted:

Yes and this is the best value pick of the draft so far

Awwww yeah!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

well, I don't think there's really much chance the Panthers actually go with Garcia, but goddamnit realistic or not I'm getting that left tackle

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

well, I don't think there's really much chance the Panthers actually go with Garcia, but goddamnit realistic or not I'm getting that left tackle

THAT'S a Tackle?! :stare:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm drooling out of my mouth and buttyhole about the 73rd overall pick. Its going to be legendary. Our GM is a mastermind. as one of that drool was actually poop, i'll have to be catching you on the flip side.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

weird Asian candy posted:

THAT'S a Tackle?! :stare:

I think I picked the picture where he looks the tiniest but yeah, Garcia's always had a problem keeping on weight. IIRC he was usually playing in the 290s range but at least he managed 302 for his pro day

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

What are you doing, Niners? You might have made a good pick.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Shangri-Law School posted:

What are you doing, Niners? You might have made a good pick.

Never.

Okay, yes, Rivers should be awesome, and I couldn't resist.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

:siren: The New England Patriots will finally pick :siren:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

So how far do you think we'll get? 5th round?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

So how far do you think we'll get? 5th round?

That's what we've done the last couple years. I would expect the pace to only slow down at this point though, as the rounds get longer and people's known prospects come off the board. I'm thinking maybe we get through Rd 4 at this point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i cant loving weight to see The bengals and the writing of another humans "call-sign" right next to it. Here we go. skyline

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The shameful Patriots have missed their pick, so I will now take the person mocked to them in the next round on WalterFootball.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ShakeZula posted:

The shameful Patriots have missed their pick, so I will now take the person mocked to them in the next round on WalterFootball.

This is truly the all time best name draft class.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

ShakeZula posted:

The Patriots are nothing but shameful, even I know that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The false bengals have claimed another victory. territory is being conquered. who wants some flagellation. Me

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cavauro posted:

The false bengals have claimed another victory. territory is being conquered. who wants some flagellation. Me
This mock draft has filled me with hope and I am excited for when we draft none of these folks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Real Draft Prediction: RB, CB, RB, QB, and more

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think I made a good Eagles pick. Kinda surprised he was still out there.

quote:

"However, there are always exceptions. Even in the last few years, the strong play of Jason Verrett and Tyrann Mathieu as well as strong rookie performances from Vernon Hargreaves and Tavon Young show that it is not always about the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean (I am so sorry). NFL players who don't match the size threshold (Usually above 5-11 with 32 inch arms) can possibly compensate for their shortcomings through technique, physicality and mentality.

Iowa's Desmond King is that exception.

Standing at 5'10", Desmond King is not the NFL's prototypical cornerback, but don't tell him that. Since taking the field a few years back, Desmond King has been one of the best, most productive cornerbacks in college football. The senior has 12 interceptions, 8.5 tackle for a loss, 33 passes defended, 1 forced fumble and three defensive touchdowns in his career as a Hawkeye. All of that in less than four full seasons... So I won't be the one to tell him he cannot be a successful NFL cornerback because of his size.

NFL Comparison: A bit of a throwback, but Desmond King looks like an Antoine Winfield clone. Like Winfield, King lacks ideal size, but also similar, his outstanding physicality and football IQ allows him to play cornerback at a high level. King is an impact run defender whose physicality allows him to be a pest in coverage and create turnovers.

NFL Projection: I absolutely think he has the ability to be a number one cornerback on an NFL defense. Though he would be best deployed in an off man or heavy zone system that could mitigate his size disadvantage and maximize his ability when the play is in front of him. The Eagles employ a lot of off man concepts in their defense and god knows cornerback is a major weak spot on the team. Adding a dynamic cornerback who can create turnovers while also being dependable against the run would be a massive upgrade from the current... I don't know what to call the Eagles cornerback situation. If King is available when the Eagles pick in the first round, it would be a near no brainer to pick him."

89 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 11, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah, a new Boykin. I approve.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Someone needs to draft Corn Elder quick because I am dominating the name game.

Yo 89, I appreciate that Desmond King you got for me. It's just what I wanted!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
drat I was hoping Butt fell to the fourth.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Was Carl Lawson actually available? I'm an embarrassment to this make believe internet football draft.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was Carl Lawson actually available? I'm an embarrassment to this make believe internet football draft.

Yep. I thought about taking him in the 2nd before Takk fell to me, and then I guess he fell into my blindspot because he wasn't even on my radar for this round.

Carl Lawson, the Forgotten Man

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
All hail my draft board.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Someone needs to draft Corn Elder quick because I am dominating the name game.

I admit, I lol'd at the photo you picked for Jake Butt

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I thought about taking him for the Cards, but the injury risk scared me and the Cards need a WR.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
In this imaginary draft are we keeping up to date on player signing? Because they Rams filled some of my needs by signing a corner and shifting some other players around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DariusLikewise posted:

In this imaginary draft are we keeping up to date on player signing? Because they Rams filled some of my needs by signing a corner and shifting some other players around.

You do you. Or more specifically you do the fake GM you want to be.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles traded back in the 3rd round and we still kept the original on in this draft intact sooo :shrug:

This draft is getting me more familiar with players, so it's working for me

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Houston have signed no-one and traded away everyone it seems like, before this draft there were a few obvious areas I could help and the Quarterback situation, which in my role as GM I decided not to deal with in the draft, since none of them are start ready.

I'm looking forward to seeing how my picks do though, will there be a postmortem in this thread later?

I suppose I have adopted the Texans as my team, since I have got to know them fairly well during this process.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

MrLogan posted:

I thought about taking him for the Cards, but the injury risk scared me and the Cards need a WR.

Same here. I was debating between the two, but the injury history swayed me more to Jordan Willis. However, if he would've been available with my second third round pick, I probably would've grabbed him as a "never can have too many DEs" move.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sad King Billy posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how my picks do though, will there be a postmortem in this thread later?

We usually do a little bit but mainly comparing where guys were picked here compared to the real draft. That'd be fun to look at though, what the goon draft 3 years ago ended up like.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Same here. I was debating between the two, but the injury history swayed me more to Jordan Willis. However, if he would've been available with my second third round pick, I probably would've grabbed him as a "never can have too many DEs" move.

My philosophy is that injury history is pretty much wrapped up into the intrinsic risk of any draft prospect.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

If anybody has a good way of reaching Ross tell him he's 2 hours away from missing his pick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
fyi I'd be super annoyed if this happened, but Denver needs to address the OL and Mike McCoy loves huge lineman. Siragusa is like 6'2, 320.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Defense, defense and more defense.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Well I feel stupid. Sorry Titans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They made a movie about it and everything, yet we all fail to remember the Titans.

• Locked thread