Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Draft is in two days, let's gooooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

You know what? This close to the draft we don't have time to wait around for someone I can't PM. Ross has one hour and then I'm making his pick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Taking command! drat that's sexy.

Also, thanks for going to all the trouble Shake. You really kept this sucker moving, I had a great time. I'm going to need these happy memories when my team blows off any playmakers in favor of a bunch of fatties.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
JOSH DOBBS????

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
goddamnit eltoasto.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Probably Magic posted:

JOSH DOBBS????

I know he has been picked early but his stock is rising. He isn't NFL ready but I think he could develop into a good starter, the problems he has can be fixed with good training.
Entirely my intuition.

He was going to be my next pick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

its important in life, for Pick number 138 to happen.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I hope my pick wasn't taken already and it's funny that two of my first four picks are from the Colorado DB corp but those guys are all talented.

Go Sad King Billy Gooooooooooooo

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

warcrimes posted:

I hope my pick wasn't taken already and it's funny that two of my first four picks are from the Colorado DB corp but those guys are all talented.

I may even get to my second pick at this rate.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

warcrimes posted:

He was free, he was one of 3 left on my list.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I may only get one more pick but if we got farther along I was going to draft Best Name Weston Steelhammer.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just woke up. Once I shower, I'll select someone

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

JOSH DOBBS????

I think he can be a decent player. The Titans have no one behind Mariota. Already took care of most of the immediate needs in CB, WR, LB and DE, so thought a QB would be a good next choice. Could have gone OL or something but eh.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I think he can be a decent player. The Titans have no one behind Mariota. Already took care of most of the immediate needs in CB, WR, LB and DE, so thought a QB would be a good next choice. Could have gone OL or something but eh.

I wish you had gone OL.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

all corners all the time

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

all corners all the time

Draft BPA

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

all corners all the time

Was gonna pick Sutton but he went two picks before me. :shrug:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

There's no time, and my next pick is so close, Perry has until I wake in the morning or I'm going to pick for him.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals mock draft haul:

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Raekwon McMillan, LB, Ohio State
Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
John Connor, RB, Pitt

I crushed it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs:

1. David Njoku, TE, Miami
2. Marcus Williams, S, Utah
3. Zay Jones, WR, ECU
4. Kareen Hunt, RB, Toledo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Falcons:

1. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
2. Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
3. Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
4. Danny Isidora, OG, Miami (Fla.)

I think I did pretty well. Addressed positions of need in the first two rounds. Think I got a steal of a TE to run two-TE sets with Hooper. Got some solid depth at Guard. Maybe he'll turn out to be a starter.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals mock draft haul:

Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
John Connor, RB, Pitt

I crushed it.

Were you wanting Pocic at center or were you going to slide him to guard? Either way I would be happy with this draft.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Panthers

Leonard Fournette
Budda Baker
Antonio Garcia
Dalvin Tomlinson
Trey Hendrickson

Not terrible, but I probably could have done better

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles haul:

1. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
2. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
3. Desmond King, CB/S, Iowa
4. Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
4. Joe Mathis, DL, Washington

I think I'm happy? I wish I could have traded out Desmond King for Witherspoon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Washington

Round 1: Dalvin Cook, RB
Round 2: Jourdan Lewis, CB
Round 3: Carl Lawson, DE
Round 4: Rasul Douglas, CB
Round 4: Carlos Henderson, WR

I'm sure the fans would be screaming that 40% of my draft is offensive weapons for a team that has no guarantee of having a QB next year and desperately needs to reinforce the defense, but I'm a strict BPA guy and believe that drafting is about lottery picks that can help the whole team as opposed to filling a specific need. Fans would still be screaming if Taywan Taylor somehow fell to the 5th; if I could trade I would likely trade up for him.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

Were you wanting Pocic at center or were you going to slide him to guard? Either way I would be happy with this draft.
Center

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's up with Joe Mathis? Dude apparently has Round 1 talent, but because of his injury, it's knocking him down? PFF (whatever) had him as #46 out of 300 players. Right below Jabrill Peppers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams Fake Draft

2. Evan Engram, TE/WR
3. Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
4. Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
5. Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State

I would be happy with this, if we kept going I would just fill out the rest of my picks with interior lineman that could play center and hope for the best. Rams need size at WR badly, Tavon Austin and Pharoh Cooper are not outside guys. I don't trust Dominique Easley to start at 3-4 end and running back depth is nice.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Texans Goon draft

1. Garett Bolles OT (Will use as right tackle)
2. Pat Eiflein C (To be used as Right Guard or tackle cover)
3. Marcus Maye FS
4. Damontae Kazee CB
4. Anthony Walker Jr ILB

A sensible draft but hardly inspired, I didn't get any of my top choices in any of the rounds. Bolles and Eiflein I have brought in as starters, the rest would theoretically get cover time and eventually become starters a few seasons down the line. They all have good character and some have leadership potential.

Of course the first area of need has not been addressed, Houston need a QB who can hit the ground running, I was interested in getting Joshua Dobbs, who I think will be a worthwhile project but he got taken early.

I agree that the draft should be used to build for the future rather than plug gaps, Houston's lack of Free Agency activity somewhat tied my hands though. At least the guys I brought in have high ceilings according to the reports I read.

This draft has been fun and I suppose I'm a Texan now, shame I won't be awake when the real draft is on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs. Winners

code:
Mitch Trubisky	QB		North Carolina	rJr	Kansas City Chiefs	1	27
Fabian Moreau	CB		UCLA		rSr	Kansas City Chiefs	2	27
Duke Riley	ILB		LSU		Sr	Kansas City Chiefs	3	27
Ryan Anderson	OLB		Alabama		rSr	Kansas City Chiefs	3	40
Wayne Gallman	RB		Clemson		rJr	Kansas City Chiefs	4	25
In retrospect, I with I had gone Watson here, rather than Trubisky. Mahomes was still on the board and I wouldn't be mad at that either. Still, if Trubisky is workable at all, Andy will turn have someone to coach up for the next year or two while we watch the Wheels finish falling off Alex Smith.

Fabian here was a steal, his pectoral injury shouldn't keep him out this season and he's talented. Duke Riley could pan out or could be a turd, but having someone lined up behind DJ should our current roster options not pan out would be nice. Ryan Anderson seems like a steal here, and I think Gallman can provide a little extra oomph to the running game.

Or not. The Chiefs will draft none of these people.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions:

Haason Reddick - A+
T.J. Watt - A+
Tarell Basham - A+
George Kittle - A+

Overall - A+

The best draft.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My Jets draft:

Would be the best Jets draft of my lifetime.

Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Kevin King, CB, Washington
Curtis Samuel, RB, The Ohio State University
Brandon Barnes, TE Alabama St

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers draft:

QB Deshone Kizer
QB Patrick Mahomes
DE Derek Rivers
WR Dede Westbrook
TE Jeremy Sprinkle

Draft went slightly awry due to owner interference, but some surprisingly good picks in there (would have taken Hooker or possibly McCaffrey at 2, if not for Jed York being a Notre Dame alum :argh:)

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 27, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals mock draft haul:

Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
John Connor, RB, Pitt

I crushed it.

Let's all be very disappointed today & tomorrow because of an internet game

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hell, I'm just curious to see if the Saints grab any of the players I picked.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Getting rid of Bodine? A++ draft.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Cavauro posted:

Let's all be very disappointed today & tomorrow because of an internet game

:(

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

And that's a wrap, just in time! Way to go everybody, the last two days have been an impressive-as-hell sprint to the finish.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well I got exactly 0 picks right. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Same here but then again I didn't expect to, I'm no Rick Smith.

• Locked thread