Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Was kinda at a loss for who the Titans should pick at 83, since I had planned on Jake Butt if he was still there and Karl Lawson but he was drafted two spots up and I was like uhhhhhh

Reeves-Maybin is a talented LB who can be really good if he can stay healthy. He's a bit undersized but before being injured most of this past season he was getting top 50 pick buzz from a strong 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Zay Jones seems like good value at this point.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

Zay Jones seems like good value at this point.

I was happy to get him. That gives Jameis:
Mike Evans
DeSean Jackson
Cameron Brate
David Njoku
Zay Jones

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
poo poo. If only one of Zay and Njoku works out that would be a very fine receiving corp.

I'm still bummed Austin Seferian-Jenkins couldn't cut it. That fellow had potential.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Quit dragging your feet, Shangri-Law School. I feel like it's been your turn forever

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Well, drafting my guy with the Titans' pick didn't cause as much damage as I feared. :)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not gonna lie. It was either Desmond King or Witherspoon for me that last pick. Seemed like it was a matter of experience (that Witherspoon doesn't have, he played multiple sports before college football...didn't play high school football) and versitaility with King being able to play corner and safety. Eagles like to throw Malcolm Jenkins in the slot a lot (cause we need a slot corner), so we'd get beat on the back end cause Jenkins was best as a safety instead of nickel corner. And I missed on getting Chuba wuba whatever his name is (nickel corner). So King could hypothetically fall to the back if Jenkins still went to nickel on certain formations.

I'm talking here like I'm drafting fantasy football now.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Giants took my guard, and I'm in the bad terminal at the Manila airport. Pick coming in about 12 hrs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Magneto was available in this draft?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

Magneto was available in this draft?

Apparently drat that's a miss for the Browns

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who the gently caress is tom sellout lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am Tom Sellout.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
i cant post in the right thread. i'll see myself out

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

At this point I believe Tom Sellout should pick for the Pats.

If anybody has a way of reaching Dogg or RD, let them know they're on a 12hr clock because they missed their last pick and never turned up after.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans fans pm me and give me some ideas for our next pick. I have no idea

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I like the pick, public works. I have a slight man crush on Bucky Hodges and would love to see him in a Falcon uniform.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

weird Asian candy posted:

I like the pick, public works. I have a slight man crush on Bucky Hodges and would love to see him in a Falcon uniform.

It's a really good pick, PW has been quietly killing it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Thank you, gentlemen. I was just imagining the Falcons running a two-TE set with Hodges and Hooper. It was pretty awesome.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Patriots: Still Shameful

I was going to just pick off the "Best Names" list for them, but they don't deserve Weston Steelhammer. So I think I'll stick with my tactic of "one round later in mocks."

Detroit_Dogg or Roasted Donut must now post in this thread to reclaim the Patriots. If they don't by the time their next pick comes up there won't be a clock, I'll pick for them right away and it won't be pretty!

Unless somebody else wants to step in and claim them...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just draft a white WR and call it a fay.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dunno who to draft this round

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dunno who to draft this round

Draft a scrappy wide receiver from North Canton with a high football iq.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like the DT from IOWA even though their players kinda suck in the NFL

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I don't really like Dalvin here. I don't think he's BPA by a mile, and the last thing Carolina needs is another DT..

I also think there's absolutely no way Carolina wouldn't take him at the end of round 3

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I like the DT from IOWA even though their players kinda suck in the NFL

Jaleel Johnson was already picked by the Chargers

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

ShakeZula posted:

Jaleel Johnson was already picked by the Chargers

Ha, was just about to say that was a huge rear end steal but yeah, was something else

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thing is...

You know the name Corn Elder influenced his Goon Draft position

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoops. Search on a phone doesn't work great. drat.

I'm barely gonna be on, I'll have to think of a DT or S I want

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Whoops. Search on a phone doesn't work great. drat.

I'm barely gonna be on, I'll have to think of a DT or S I want

I got you

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
This draft is reminding how little picks the Rams actually have and how little I will care once the real things rolls around.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I straight up forgot we had a 3rd rounder thanks to Vernon.

Thank you Shake!!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Curse you drafters that don't have PMs, and in the case of a neat cape also have lots of picks

That's 24 hours on the Broncos, will make the pick shortly

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So the Chiefs now have their QBOTF (I should've taken Watson here instead) in Trubisky, Fabian Moreau, Duke Riley (who I assume can play ILB based on his size), and Ryan Anderson, who was somehow still on the board.

An SEC OLB has to work for the Chiefs this year, right?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just get to the next Bengals pick already, Jesus.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

ShakeZula posted:

Curse you drafters that don't have PMs, and in the case of a neat cape also have lots of picks

That's 24 hours on the Broncos, will make the pick shortly

Next year can we not give Ross a team since his goal every year seems to be to take a team with a lot of picks then take 24 hours for every pick?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
With the news about Foster, I'm thinking I picked him a wee bit too high at 11.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

With the news about Foster, I'm thinking I picked him a wee bit too high at 11.

Still a good pick.

The nfl will eventually stop being stupid about weed.

Right?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

No Butt Stuff posted:

Still a good pick.

The nfl will eventually stop being stupid about weed.

Right?

They didn't even find the presence of anything, they just concluded the sample was diluted which they count as a failed test.

(it's prolly weed tho)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It's for sure weed.

The nfl is more strict than the military in their testing procedures and parameters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

No Butt Stuff posted:

It's for sure weed.

The nfl is more strict than the military in their testing procedures and parameters.

I thought after Josh Gordon they upped to threshold to the same limit used by WADA and the military.

• Locked thread