Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gimme the Saints so I can draft a QB first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sad King Billy posted:

I will take a team that nobody wants please. I've learnt a lot these last few months though I still don't know enough.

Sounds like a man interested in the Atlanta Falcons to me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Sorry but I completely blanked on this, I'm giving up control of the Texans because I'm going to be out of the country for the first half of April and won't necessarily be able to check up on the draft

We'll keep drafting QBs until you get back.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I realize we just signed some linebackers, but I'm trying to bring back the glory days of the Dome Patrol, dammit. Would've loved Barnett too, but he went earlier.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

drat you Silly Burrito, I was hoping he'd fall to me

Gatts posted:

I was gonna draft Foster so I got my pick snatched but please stand by, incoming....

These are the best kind of posts in the goon draft thread. :D

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 26, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fsif posted:

I was just using the selector thing in the bottom right because it's the best way to find threads with old takes.

Want to see Goon Draft 2014, really.

e: oh, guess it works! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612914

Man, I wish we would've drafted Odell Beckham that year. Funny that Cooks went right afterwards.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gatts posted:

Someone pick please. I have my second pick of round 2 but I can't find a first pick of round I'd be happy with

Pittsburgh has until 7 tonight. Soon.... :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

Uh Chiefs goons, I definitely didn't expect this many QBs on the board. Is it stupid to skip Trubisky for Watson or Mahomes?

Thank you for not taking Watson. :D

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Sean Payton just came and he doesn't know why.

I've seen reports that it's entirely plausible that he's the pick at 11 for real. I hope not, but you never know. The last time the Saints drafted a QB in the first round was 1971: Archie Friggin Manning.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Got to admit, I did not see the 49ers going QB/QB with their picks. Bold strategy, Cotton.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

You loving dicks. Picked up literally every CB I was gonna pick in the last like 5 picks

I was honestly surprised Tre'Davious lasted that long. I've seen him mocked in the mid teens.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fsif posted:

Guess every team needs a loving cornerback this year, huh?

Patriots are playing grabass with Malcolm Butler, otherwise Saints wouldn't need one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So how far do you think we'll get? 5th round?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was Carl Lawson actually available? I'm an embarrassment to this make believe internet football draft.

MrLogan posted:

I thought about taking him for the Cards, but the injury risk scared me and the Cards need a WR.

Same here. I was debating between the two, but the injury history swayed me more to Jordan Willis. However, if he would've been available with my second third round pick, I probably would've grabbed him as a "never can have too many DEs" move.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Magneto was available in this draft?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
With the news about Foster, I'm thinking I picked him a wee bit too high at 11.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bump the time to 8-12 hours or default pick and you might get through four by Thursday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ShakeZula posted:

I hesitate to bump it up too much, since a 12 hour limit can result in somebody missing their pick just because they're at work or something. And it's not really as fun to make it through the fourth if it's me making half the picks. I plan to let the chips fall where they may, and hope that we make it to my 4th-rounder.

Alternate idea: 1 hour time limit starting now. People can post ahead of you if you miss your hour slot. Hell, you might get through round 7 by Thursday for the first ever complete goon draft. ;)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hell, I'm just curious to see if the Saints grab any of the players I picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well I got exactly 0 picks right. :)

• Locked thread