Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gatts posted:

I might be able to pick tomorrow morning if it gets to me soon. Fair warning for the Browns, I'm going out tonight.

And I got no idea

Gatts, if you pay more than a 2nd for Garappollo we will have words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

Dude...uh...I think Albert Belle is still available...

Just don't let an ump get a hold of his bat.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

That's quite a red text you have.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

After Foster was gone I did some thinking and though the Browns have a lot of needs and we have Barnidge I think Howard is a great fit to prepare for a QB next year. Otherwise would have done Corey Davis WR but the offense needs help in any capacity and two big dudes who can perform will help.

I approve.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Gatts posted:

Good choice.

You have a PM.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

That's what I get for not reading the rules.

That is both the correct price and timing for a Jimmy G trade.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dunno who to draft this round

Draft a scrappy wide receiver from North Canton with a high football iq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

swickles posted:

With Josh Gordon, he gave his sample, which was then divided into Sample A and Sample B. One is used for testing, and the second for confirmatory testing. What is interesting is that had the samples been switched, he never would have been in trouble. Sample A tested at 6ng/mL and on confirmation testing it was 3 ng/ml. The threshold the NFL was using at the time was 5ng/ml while the military and I believe WADA use 50ng/ml, ten times the limit. A cutoff of 20 ng/ml is considered really strict, so how the NFL arrived at the number 5 is beyond me, but I am guessing that to detect with that level of specificity requires more expensive machines that some NFL team owner or business partner sells to the labs that run these tests, or they own the labs. Point is, the reason for such a low threshold is political/economic than actually caring about a low threshold.

Also, attending almost any concert and taking a drug test the next day with a cutoff of 5ng/ml will almost always test positive.

Which combined with his suspension for codeine in his cough syrup really pisses me off. Josh Gordon got hosed by circumstances.

• Locked thread