Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh Christ, I guess we're not fooling around with the...

I don't even know what to call it. It's not really a hot take, it's just a not good pick at #2. Is there really a Jed York-Kizer connection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

someone give me a list of players by position that are like the top 300. i'll make a sheet that can track the picks and cross out who has been picked.

and then make someone else maintain it on google sheets.

They only list 25 per page so it'll take some clicking but CBS's list should work well enough for that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gatts posted:

Unless you have a great O Line I'm not sure how much difference an RB is gonna make. In general

There's a pretty good argument for like, Seattle to not go after running backs at the cost of a high pick or for lots of money until they fix their line. But mediocre lines can be good enough for a great running back to do a lot of damage.

Kansas City's line was nothing particularly special for most of Jamaal Charles career, and I want to say the same thing for Minnesota and Adrian Peterson although I'm not as familiar with them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

It's why Charles is 100x better than Priest Holmes and it isnt even close

How good was San Diego's line when Tomlinson was around?

I don't remember thinking they were bad or anything, but also don't remember being scared of the line so much as being terrified about LdT. Looking it up it seems like they had a pretty good interior line and questionable tackles, which seems weird but makes sense for my impression.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you're going QB I guess I'd go with Trubinsky? Nah I definitely would, weak class whatever it's good value.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Myles Jack went to the Jags.

Think he's talking about Jaylon Smith.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wasn't Brantley considered a mid to low first rounder around combine time or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sad King Billy posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing how my picks do though, will there be a postmortem in this thread later?

We usually do a little bit but mainly comparing where guys were picked here compared to the real draft. That'd be fun to look at though, what the goon draft 3 years ago ended up like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Zay Jones seems like good value at this point.

• Locked thread