Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I will take a team that nobody wants please. I've learnt a lot these last few months though I still don't know enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

MrLogan posted:

Which team was I assigned?

It is either Kansas or Arizona, maybe the Texans since Intruder is away.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Is everyone roleplaying as the GM rather than making their own choices?
... because if you are, that changes everything.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Whoops. I went to the movies.

I had to triple check to make sure that no one in TFF had taken an OL in the first 19 picks. It's eerie

I wish you'd stayed a bit longer at the movies.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I basically ended up with my second choice pick, I wanted Cam Robinson but he got picked earlier.

Garett is a bit of a risk but he is strong, aggressive and overcame earlier character issues so has the determination that the Texans need. He will have to start as a Right Tackle obviously, which is the Texans area of need.

If there were any better QBs I would have selected one first, I think the current batch is pretty poor though and they need protection from a strong offense.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

That is the offensive line done then, my initial first choice lineup was Cam Robinson and Taylor Moton but I'm happy with who I got.

If there were any QBs worth a drat in this draft, then I would have gone for them, unfortunately the ones we do have seem to be long term projects or potential busts, rather than starters.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

The shameful Patriots have missed their pick, so I will now take the person mocked to them in the next round on WalterFootball.

The Patriots are nothing but shameful, even I know that.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Houston have signed no-one and traded away everyone it seems like, before this draft there were a few obvious areas I could help and the Quarterback situation, which in my role as GM I decided not to deal with in the draft, since none of them are start ready.

I'm looking forward to seeing how my picks do though, will there be a postmortem in this thread later?

I suppose I have adopted the Texans as my team, since I have got to know them fairly well during this process.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I'm looking forward to the 4th round because I actually get two picks.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm on vacation so if somebody wants to take the next couple Chargers picks feel free

I will pick them up if that is ok?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I think my selections have been better than whoever the Texans end up drafting

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Yes, but I know it.

Check back in 4 years time.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

JOSH DOBBS????

I know he has been picked early but his stock is rising. He isn't NFL ready but I think he could develop into a good starter, the problems he has can be fixed with good training.
Entirely my intuition.

He was going to be my next pick.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

warcrimes posted:

I hope my pick wasn't taken already and it's funny that two of my first four picks are from the Colorado DB corp but those guys are all talented.

Go Sad King Billy Gooooooooooooo

I may even get to my second pick at this rate.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I think he can be a decent player. The Titans have no one behind Mariota. Already took care of most of the immediate needs in CB, WR, LB and DE, so thought a QB would be a good next choice. Could have gone OL or something but eh.

I wish you had gone OL.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Texans Goon draft

1. Garett Bolles OT (Will use as right tackle)
2. Pat Eiflein C (To be used as Right Guard or tackle cover)
3. Marcus Maye FS
4. Damontae Kazee CB
4. Anthony Walker Jr ILB

A sensible draft but hardly inspired, I didn't get any of my top choices in any of the rounds. Bolles and Eiflein I have brought in as starters, the rest would theoretically get cover time and eventually become starters a few seasons down the line. They all have good character and some have leadership potential.

Of course the first area of need has not been addressed, Houston need a QB who can hit the ground running, I was interested in getting Joshua Dobbs, who I think will be a worthwhile project but he got taken early.

I agree that the draft should be used to build for the future rather than plug gaps, Houston's lack of Free Agency activity somewhat tied my hands though. At least the guys I brought in have high ceilings according to the reports I read.

This draft has been fun and I suppose I'm a Texan now, shame I won't be awake when the real draft is on.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Same here but then again I didn't expect to, I'm no Rick Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I think my draft was better than the real one, at least I brought in starters for the Texans areas of weakness.

Two of my picks went early, two late, so I feel like that was an average draft.

I don't think Watson will deliver this year.

• Locked thread