Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
gently caress it, I'll take the Eagles and not really know what I'm doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wait, how do we do war rooms?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

John Brown posted:

When I first heard goon draft, I always thought of it as this thing where you all go out and run the 40 in your backyard or some poo poo and post the results. Then we vote on a draft order and the winner gets bragging rights.
We can still do this.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

NotWearingPants posted:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

no first round RBs

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S GONNA HAPPENNNNNNN

There will be a Philly War Room

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I didn't even know you guys started you jerks

Corn Elderscrolls, first pick

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Howie has said Eagles are going BPA, soooo..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
All the first round RB's are still on the board besides Fournette!! :dance:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Diqnol posted:

Which one do you like? Please don't tell me you're a Mccaffery guy. He's good, real good, but our problem since the Andy Reid years has been not having a guy that can run the rock up the gut in a tough redzone play. As good as McCoy was for us, he was a between the 20s guy and I'm sure you remember the same complaints I do about not having that endzone guy. Break the cycle.

Jk, we getting one later. CB is a huge need, but WR was the real problem last year. We're shooting for elite.

Corey Davis.

Between Alshon/Davis/Smith/Matthews, we'd be GOLD at WR. Especially with Ertz. Don't wanna say "plug and play" RB at this point. But with that line and Davis added...kinda.

Otherwise, the pick was gonna be Sidney Jones, but that ACL. Then, maybe Tabor, but he's more late first to me.

BPA. Schwartz will make the defense work. What matters the most and was the biggest problem last year was offense. We gotta have Wentz develop correctly..

And you're right about McCoy. I love the guy to death, but I do remember how frustrating it was having him at the goal line. ESPECIALLY in the chip Kelly years

89 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 27, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, Foster and Barnett would have been great picks, but they got taken.

Humphrey is the next best CB. But I feel like I've read nothing but bad things about him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I mean seriously, though.

Paul Turner, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, Dorial Green-Becksuck, Bryce Treggs

vs.

Paul Turner, Alshon Jeffrey, Corey Davis, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews

:f5:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
In hindsight it would have been kind of cool to draft McCaffrey in the first, and then get a pounder later on like Foreman for a hell of a 1-2 punch

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Maybe KC could teach Tribusky a hard count.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You loving dicks. Picked up literally every CB I was gonna pick in the last like 5 picks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Top 5 offense, bitch. :colbert:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Sidney Jones in the 2nd, you dick!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jeebus Christmas, all the CBs are gone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think I made a good Eagles pick. Kinda surprised he was still out there.

quote:

"However, there are always exceptions. Even in the last few years, the strong play of Jason Verrett and Tyrann Mathieu as well as strong rookie performances from Vernon Hargreaves and Tavon Young show that it is not always about the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean (I am so sorry). NFL players who don't match the size threshold (Usually above 5-11 with 32 inch arms) can possibly compensate for their shortcomings through technique, physicality and mentality.

Iowa's Desmond King is that exception.

Standing at 5'10", Desmond King is not the NFL's prototypical cornerback, but don't tell him that. Since taking the field a few years back, Desmond King has been one of the best, most productive cornerbacks in college football. The senior has 12 interceptions, 8.5 tackle for a loss, 33 passes defended, 1 forced fumble and three defensive touchdowns in his career as a Hawkeye. All of that in less than four full seasons... So I won't be the one to tell him he cannot be a successful NFL cornerback because of his size.

NFL Comparison: A bit of a throwback, but Desmond King looks like an Antoine Winfield clone. Like Winfield, King lacks ideal size, but also similar, his outstanding physicality and football IQ allows him to play cornerback at a high level. King is an impact run defender whose physicality allows him to be a pest in coverage and create turnovers.

NFL Projection: I absolutely think he has the ability to be a number one cornerback on an NFL defense. Though he would be best deployed in an off man or heavy zone system that could mitigate his size disadvantage and maximize his ability when the play is in front of him. The Eagles employ a lot of off man concepts in their defense and god knows cornerback is a major weak spot on the team. Adding a dynamic cornerback who can create turnovers while also being dependable against the run would be a massive upgrade from the current... I don't know what to call the Eagles cornerback situation. If King is available when the Eagles pick in the first round, it would be a near no brainer to pick him."

89 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 11, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles traded back in the 3rd round and we still kept the original on in this draft intact sooo :shrug:

This draft is getting me more familiar with players, so it's working for me

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not gonna lie. It was either Desmond King or Witherspoon for me that last pick. Seemed like it was a matter of experience (that Witherspoon doesn't have, he played multiple sports before college football...didn't play high school football) and versitaility with King being able to play corner and safety. Eagles like to throw Malcolm Jenkins in the slot a lot (cause we need a slot corner), so we'd get beat on the back end cause Jenkins was best as a safety instead of nickel corner. And I missed on getting Chuba wuba whatever his name is (nickel corner). So King could hypothetically fall to the back if Jenkins still went to nickel on certain formations.

I'm talking here like I'm drafting fantasy football now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Thing is...

You know the name Corn Elder influenced his Goon Draft position

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think Miami is trying to fix the draft with diluting Foster's drug test. In the same way they released the Tunsil video last year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Come on guysss, we can make it into the 4th round!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I feel like I should have went Witherspoon instead of Desmond King..

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yay Cameron Sutton

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles haul:

1. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
2. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
3. Desmond King, CB/S, Iowa
4. Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
4. Joe Mathis, DL, Washington

I think I'm happy? I wish I could have traded out Desmond King for Witherspoon.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's up with Joe Mathis? Dude apparently has Round 1 talent, but because of his injury, it's knocking him down? PFF (whatever) had him as #46 out of 300 players. Right below Jabrill Peppers.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Cavauro posted:

Let's all be very disappointed today & tomorrow because of an internet game

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not sure if I like my draft or the real draft better...

...real draft.

• Locked thread