Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

west wing is empty non political idealism and house of cards is empty non political nihilism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fullhouse posted:

i tried watching west wing and the very first episode involved president martin sheen bringing a bunch of evangelical leaders into a conference room and owning them with their own logic. that was as far as i got

that's the only way sorkin knows to establish a protagonist

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

suburban virgin posted:

I had a friend who gave me the Newsroom on a usb stick and was all "check it out, you'll love it". I got halfway through that speech before pulling the usb stick out of my computer and stamping it to bits. It's so bad it made me angry. Like, autistic angry. Newsroom gave me autism.

this guy is cool

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Coolguye posted:

there's 0 self awareness with sorkin. martin sheen's been pretty clear in interviews that hollywood is incestuous.

he of all people would know

Majorian posted:

Also I've met Brad Whitford and Josh Malina and they're really nice IRL. Boom, beat that.

i had sex with rob lowe. owned bitch

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

seems like a lot of celebs end up banging their kid's nannies (Jude law, Schwarzenegger, etc)

I read somewhere that it might have to do with an emotional attraction that men form with whatever woman they see raising their children, but it might just be that there's an epidemic of hot nannies out there

it's probably both. lots of out of work actresses need income and taking care of stars' kids pays the bills pretty well i'd guess

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Panzeh posted:

I want to write a sorkin scene where somebody talks smugly at trump and then he just says lol no.

that was the entire election

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the "great scene" of the series, where bartlet curses out god in latin at the national cathedral and rattles off his accomplishments, is hilarious

he lists a scotus appointment among them, as if the almighty creator gives a poo poo about who's on the federal bench

gently caress that show, it sucked from day one and the sopranos should retroactively be given all the emmys the west wing won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

actually john spencer can keep his emmy. that was nice

• Locked thread