Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

hm maybe i should give house of cards another shot
i didn't find it that interesting tapped out middle of season 1

that's right before it starts to get good! mind you, i don't know how i would feel if i started watching it after having watched trump tv for the past couple years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

Season 2 of Cards starts out with a real banger but then quickly devolves into who gives a gently caress

:agreed:

also, how the hell will they top what's happening now, at this point?

i don't envy those writers the massive undertaking of writing a suspenseful political thriller in the age of trump

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

WMain00 posted:

It's fine, it just has a tendency to live in fantasy liberal land a bit too much. The challenges it presents in the show are always swatted away far too easily and it presents too many politicians as being noble and intelligent defenders of the state, as opposed to the reality in which they're spineless slime monsters in it for themselves.

You're choice is between the happy world of The West Wing or the nihilistic everything-is-poo poo world of House of Cards.

Or Veep I suppose.

i'm a house of cards man myself; veep is too quaint, and the west wing is a joke at this point in light of current affairs

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

suburban virgin posted:

If there's anyone we can forgive for enjoying a show about a power-hungry, bisexual, amoral, southern U.S politician I think it's Senator Lindsey Graham.

:getin:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

R. Guyovich posted:

that was the entire election

:master:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

R. Guyovich posted:

the "great scene" of the series, where bartlet curses out god in latin at the national cathedral and rattles off his accomplishments, is hilarious

he lists a scotus appointment among them, as if the almighty creator gives a poo poo about who's on the federal bench

gently caress that show, it sucked from day one and the sopranos should retroactively be given all the emmys the west wing won

i can't disagree; the west wing is, and always has been, a raging dumpster fire

• Locked thread