Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Verdun is reasonably cheap these days.

you'll want to stay the hell off the west island

also, it's kijiji.

as for cultural stuff: you'll absolutely want to do Montreal Museums Day on May 28.
"One Sunday every May, more than 30 of the city's largest museums and galleries offer free admission and extended opening hours.[3] To facilitate visitor access to as many museums as possible, the Montreal Transit Corporation provides free shuttle buses"

you will also want to do the Tam Tam, which is a spontaneous public drum gathering in mount royal park every Sunday afternoon when it's warm enough to hang around on the lawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I lack the context for the joke; is the punch-line "tabarnak"?

EDIT: naming a neighborhood "Verdun" seems poor marketing, having your 'hood associated with "mobs of men being mowed-down and poisoned with mustard gas" and all.

to be fair, it's been named "Verdun" since the 1670s, when the original was more associated with antisemitism and the plague.

• Locked thread