Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They're awful, repetitive excuses for microtransactions.

Did you know emulators for classic systems are available free to download from the Chrome store? (I don't do apple, you heathens are on your own.)

Even an original game boy rom of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is the most fun I've had killing time since I joined the smartphone era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
drat op you really cracked the case on mobile games, how did you figure it out?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well friend, that's why I spent merely a few words on that and focused on solutions!

You sure cracked the case on lovely first replies though, so nice to get that taken care of!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
no1currs

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
buddy, you said it!

topic locked

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

They're awful, repetitive excuses for microtransactions.

Did you know emulators for classic systems are available free to download from the Chrome store? (I don't do apple, you heathens are on your own.)

Even an original game boy rom of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is the most fun I've had killing time since I joined the smartphone era.

dont start talking about emulators on phones. i had to close my emulator thread because nigga crab had a 4 alarm :siren:meltdown:siren: about that poo poo for some reason

goon autism is sad and scary

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Professor SJW posted:

dont start talking about emulators on phones. i had to close my emulator thread because nigga crab had a 4 alarm :siren:meltdown:siren: about that poo poo for some reason

You closed it before I could post but the PSP does allow emulation

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Professor SJW posted:

You should post a link to the good part of that meltdown. Or just PM it to me, I don't care. Sounds funny.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Train posted:

You closed it before I could post but the PSP does allow emulation

but can it emulate the love in my heart :love:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Well friend, that's why I spent merely a few words on that and focused on solutions!

You sure cracked the case on lovely first replies though, so nice to get that taken care of!

Lol at this

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Honky Dong Country posted:

You should post a link to the good part of that meltdown. Or just PM it to me, I don't care. Sounds funny.

its not. the thread was just closed today if you want to find it tho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
android is the best. there is literally no reason to hack or jailbreak poo poo any more, it all comes from china pre-jailbroken. i used to be on board with all that, i had a modded Xbox media centre, and i modded a PSP and jailbroke my ipod touch all to play emulators. but thats not needed any more!

android has ya covered! why mod a game console when you can just buy an android tv box? why mod a gameboy when you can just attach a controller to your andriod phone? why buy a nintendo switch when a samsung tablet costs half the price and has 4x the batter life?

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

yea you got owned pretty hard

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Clash of Clans owns you mother bitcher.

I'm TH9.5 and I'm ready to gently caress. All of my defenses are maxed now and I just need heroes and walls, then I'll be TH10 and I'm cummin to fuk u up you lil turd boy.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Professor SJW posted:

nice meltdown

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

android is the best. there is literally no reason to hack or jailbreak poo poo any more, it all comes from china pre-jailbroken. i used to be on board with all that, i had a modded Xbox media centre, and i modded a PSP and jailbroke my ipod touch all to play emulators. but thats not needed any more!

android has ya covered! why mod a game console when you can just buy an android tv box? why mod a gameboy when you can just attach a controller to your andriod phone? why buy a nintendo switch when a samsung tablet costs half the price and has 4x the batter life?

that all sounds really convenient, easy and cheap for the many people who already own androids! now let's ask nigga crab what he thinks

nigga crab: [autistic screeching]

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Piracy doesn't exist

Digital poo poo has no owner

I'm thinking of hooking up my old Windows 98 computer just so I can rip DVDs again*, gently caress tethered electronics and digital rights management

*for free because gently caress the whole system of faked obsolescence and paying double for what you already physically own. CD/DVD/whatever disc is a better format than expensive finite corruptible and non transferable digital storage

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Information wants to be free

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol, sharing a movie, game or music with a friend? No, sorry, everyone must purchase their own to have the privilege of enjoying it. gently caress you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i made a little wooden stand with a light and a hole in the top so i can scan books from the library :twisted:

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
Criminal Case is still good.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

I hate immobile games

have you ever tried moving a frogger cabinet across a busy street, it's a lot of work

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I have a breakout game and a backgammon game which I like on my phone

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i always rewound my vhs video tapes

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mahjong is good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Why waste time on a mobile game when you can read the loving SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS????!!!!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Smythe posted:

Why waste time on a mobile game when you can read the loving SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS????!!!!

These forms should have micro transactions as the only way to get An AV or user name and be completely RNG lol

Edit - I'm dumb and forgot that new AVs and user names are already micro transactions.

hey welcome to the show! fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 19, 2017

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

tell me more op

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Smythe posted:

drat this SA game has a confusing layout. I can't find the button to buy SA Coins. If they aren't too pricey I had hoped to buy enough SA Coins to purchase the Pig Hat of Posting (2d6 CHR added to all your posts) and Ozma's Veil of Ham (1d8 added to saving throw against bad posts being noticed). Also, where's the XP meter? I can't tell how close I am to leveling up.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you are wrong op.

For you see, whichever mobile game currently is milking my reward response and is getting my money is actually the best one.

It's different. It's not like the rest. I say this because I am self conscious about buying premium currency in yet another mobile game. Luckily it's different.

Check back with me in a month when yet another game will be actually the best one that is totally different and actually has gameplay and totally is worth it and you don't even have to spend money on it.

except for the $5 subscription...I mean that's so cheap and you get 30 days of benefit.......and .....I mean if you are going to play....the one time only $19.99 legendary pack.....

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
you've opened my eyes

*burns mobile phone and everything else to the ground*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You should go get Candy Crush OP.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Professor SJW posted:

Nice meltdown

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also mobile games are good for the games threads. Typically a huge flock of goons run to the newest mobile game, clucking about how this one is different and talking past each other.

Slowly certain goons start dropping like hundreds or thousands to smug post about all of the mobile phone riches they are reaping.

People start melting down that the mobile phone riches they expected aren't materializing for all the money they've spent and I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER

new game comes out, most of the flock leaves, the ones left are the guys that spent all the money floating around like idiot ghosts haunting the thread trying desperately to get some kind of return on $1,500 by being a smug authority on the subject and playing even though they hate the game.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You can meet a lot of foreign people playing some games

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Professor SJW posted:

Sounds like you had the meltdown :siren:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hardawn posted:

You can meet a lot of foreign people playing some games

BRAZIL

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mobile games are very bad and I do not play any.

However I am happy they exist because they let all the retards just spend their time/money on them instead of making GBS threads up good and cool games that I enjoy. They perform the function of a tourist trap for the gaming community, drawing all the lame idiots to a place out of sight and out of mind.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
as a gamer, i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Nut to Butt posted:

as a gamer, i

Hell, you can't remember 10 minutes ago either? It's spreading!

• Locked thread