Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Although it adds onto the original animated film, I can't say that it actually improves anything like the live action adaption of the Jungle Book did. This isn't a bad film, but despite my nostalgia for the animated film, this one just didn't appeal to me. With that said, I'm a grown man so it's not like I'm the target audience, however I brought an 8-year-old girl with me who grew excessively board as the film dragged on and on and on... Yeah, this film feels really drat long. The parts that are basically word-for-word remakes of the original had her enticed, but, like myself, she found the original material a bit boring. The new songs added in also don't really help too much.

My own biggest qualm with the movie is Gaston. I never really saw him as a villain, so much as a big, stupid guy who was only concerned for himself. In this film he's shifted towards true villainy. I'm also put off by the towns people seemingly having to be bribed into liking him... At least that's how I took it when Lefou kept giving people money during the song about Gaston. I thought it better suited things when everyone in town was so ignorant that the most ignorant person was basically their king.

All in all this movie feels like an extended version of the animated one, despite not having any story to add. It's harmless and will probably make literally all of the money.

3/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU