Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

everyone in this forum's a fag so there ain't gonna be any questions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

my tinder profile pic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

good point and sorry twerk. congrats! :)

same, sorry twerk, hope you find happiness.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
going to piggyback on the above question: do you like pineapple on pizza?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

let me tell you all a personal journey of discovery if u don't mind

omce upon a time i was a fresh man in college and mostly open minded but sometimes kind of a butt about some things

at the end of the year a friendly acquaintance of mine who i had met as a male showed up to a dance in a dress and i figured it was some costume fun i mean if it was for costume purposes i myself had even worn women's clothing and makeup before

But someone told me she was out transgender now and wanted to be known by a different name etc, and i had literally never heard of that being a thing before

So privately to my friend who had told me i was like "huh? that's kinda dumb" but otherwise was like whatever and didn't care and certainly didn't say anything about it to the person who was trans (who I wasn't really hanging out with that night anyway)

a week or maybe a month later i hadn't really seen or thought much about her since but i was suddenly like "you know what, it's not dumb, it's fine, it doesn't hurt anyone and she can do whatever she wants"

Then at some point i learned more about transgender issues and gender dysphoria and felt like a real rear end in a top hat for ever having dismissed it as dumb

a year later (partially bc she had become good friends with a good friend of mine) i actually ended up living with her in a group house for several years and she is very cool and my friend and i still never told her how i initially reacted but i still feel kinda bad about it

My point of this story for you twerk is give people some time because if anyone you know is like me as a college freshman they might react a bit coldly at first and then get over their initial shock/confusion and be fine and accepting and feel bad for ever having been cold about it

My other point is trans awareness is important, so that people like college-freshman-me can have their jerk reaction safely in private and get over it by the time they actually meet a person who is trans!

I hope this was helpful and not an unwanted thread hijack, namaste

similar story and also college. one of my best teachers ever i had my freshman year and she was this big jamaican lady who was like the embodiment of wisdom and mother earth. she disappeared off the class lists for a few years and when her name popped back up it was for my anthro writing course and she was now he. still an amazing teacher, still psyched to be in the class but deep down i had this feeling of betrayal like "hey mother earth why would you not want to be mother earth anymore?". but after a few weeks it became apparent that his choices in life had everything to do with himself and not me and maybe i was being an rear end in a top hat by feeling that anyone needed to stay the same or not change from my personal perception of them.

• Locked thread