Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Congrats twerk, figuring out what's up is not easy in a world where nobody ever talks about that, coming out is even less easy. Hope it continues to go well for you!

also enjoyed the train posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

joke_explainer posted:

yes, I was just a humble program in the first documentary, but if you watch the sequel to TRON, titled 'Overdrawn at the Memory Bank', the full explanation becomes clear

Were you turned into a stupid anteater? :rolleyes:

alnilam

let me tell you all a personal journey of discovery if u don't mind

omce upon a time i was a fresh man in college and mostly open minded but sometimes kind of a butt about some things

at the end of the year a friendly acquaintance of mine who i had met as a male showed up to a dance in a dress and i figured it was some costume fun i mean if it was for costume purposes i myself had even worn women's clothing and makeup before

But someone told me she was out transgender now and wanted to be known by a different name etc, and i had literally never heard of that being a thing before

So privately to my friend who had told me i was like "huh? that's kinda dumb" but otherwise was like whatever and didn't care and certainly didn't say anything about it to the person who was trans (who I wasn't really hanging out with that night anyway)

a week or maybe a month later i hadn't really seen or thought much about her since but i was suddenly like "you know what, it's not dumb, it's fine, it doesn't hurt anyone and she can do whatever she wants"

Then at some point i learned more about transgender issues and gender dysphoria and felt like a real rear end in a top hat for ever having dismissed it as dumb

a year later (partially bc she had become good friends with a good friend of mine) i actually ended up living with her in a group house for several years and she is very cool and my friend and i still never told her how i initially reacted but i still feel kinda bad about it

My point of this story for you twerk is give people some time because if anyone you know is like me as a college freshman they might react a bit coldly at first and then get over their initial shock/confusion and be fine and accepting and feel bad for ever having been cold about it

My other point is trans awareness is important, so that people like college-freshman-me can have their jerk reaction safely in private and get over it by the time they actually meet a person who is trans!

I hope this was helpful and not an unwanted thread hijack, namaste

alnilam

twerkstream pizza: "hey my roof needs something to hold it up better, does anyone have any spare columns?"

me: "BYOB is not going to give you support lmao"

ty manifisto

alnilam

come on take this stuff to qcs or maybe coupons and deals, we're supposed to be asking twerk about pizza toppings, pineapple allergies, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

twerk have you ever ridden on a train and if so where and was it cool

• Locked thread