Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I have started transitioning socially, but the medical portion takes a while to get started. I got blood work done to test my hormone levels and I'll be seeing an endocrinologist​ on May 2nd, but until then I'm just waiting :argh:

Socially transitioning isn't too demanding in my experience, but again I have a very accepting group of friends who encourage me to dress like I want (really girly girl like). The only things I have to do is make sure to go out in boy mode when I'm going somewhere unfamiliar or somewhere alone (including places like the library).

As far as the whole medical costs thing goes, it really depends on your insurance status and how dysphoric you feel. I'm lucky for going into grad school, because the two schools I'm thinking about both have great coverage medically (to the point that sex reassignment surgery would inly be about $3000). Although, many trans people are simply happy with taking hormones (which can cost less than $600 a year even paying out of pocket), or not taking hormones at all!

TBH I wish I was that way, but whenever I look in the mirror I know who I want to be looking back at me. She has an hourglass figure, long red hair (like mine but to my shoulders), and she is happy with herself.

Your story gives me warm fuzzies :) I'm so happy for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread