Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A Russian breakaway Republic being supported by the Russian military applies to Soviet occupations, how exactly? You know the Transnistrians actually think the Russians betrayed them because the army started shooting at them when they tried to cross the river.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

hey poops here's a fun little 'where's waldo' type game for u: count the number of american tanks being used to supress this anti-government demonstration in seol

Maybe if they were calling for the overthrow of the government instead of the resignation of President Park there would be American tanks in those streets.

Here's American marines on the streets of Port-Au-Prince to guarantee the rule of the anti-Aristide coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

jarofpiss posted:

anime is counterrevolutionary and i'll have no part of it btw

oh hey glad you're still here, here's another one. I only wish bloated sacks of poo poo like you and pener could actually go live in the places for whom you shill on the internet. Each hot pocket you eat (stealing the fruits of your parents labor, i might add, also counterrevolutionary) has more calories than what a north korean gets in a day.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

oh hey glad you're still here, here's another one. I only wish bloated sacks of poo poo like you and pener could actually go live in the places for whom you shill on the internet. Each hot pocket you eat (stealing the fruits of your parents labor, i might add, also counterrevolutionary) has more calories than what a north korean gets in a day.

dprk has awesome art & culture, great movies, plenty of elbow room, and best of all: no traffic. you will not win the argument that it is worse thant the uSA

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

also 2500 calories in white bread every day is why american imperialist pigs are so fat

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Maybe if they were calling for the overthrow of the government instead of the resignation of President Park there would be American tanks in those streets.

Here's American marines on the streets of Port-Au-Prince to guarantee the rule of the anti-Aristide coup.

At least the South Korean citizens are well enough nourished to have a riot. Your favorite dictator makes sure everyone's too hungry to get too upity, which seems to be the only way that your favored style of government can stay in power very long. It's a good thing too, because when your army looks like this:

they're not going to be able to put down much of a rebellion!

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

jarofpiss posted:

also 2500 calories in white bread every day is why american imperialist pigs are so fat

must be really maddening to be the slavish adherent to an utterly failed political philosophy, and to be proven wrong in every single actual example of your philosophy made flesh, no wonder you hate yourself so much

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I've considered than none of the reactionaries posting in this thread can reach me in North Korea and that is a mighty good argument for emigrating there imho

imagine a world where you never have to see another gobbagool or hamprince post

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sanctions are crippling humanitarian aid to North Korea right now, but surely that has nothing to do with their food insecurity.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-sanctions-disrupt-humanitarian-aid-north-korea-46340596

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

or

hmmmmmm

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sanctions are crippling humanitarian aid to North Korea right now, but surely that has nothing to do with their food insecurity.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/report-sanctions-disrupt-humanitarian-aid-north-korea-46340596

I'm sure nukes are worth it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I'm sure nukes are worth it

:yeah:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How much food aid does South Korea require, pener

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gobbagool posted:

How much food aid does South Korea require, pener

Well they're not under a sanctions regime, so you tell me.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

or

...yeah....

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

I can't figure out why the western imperialist pigs whom we are still at war with and whose country we threaten to turn into a sea of fire every other day won't give us more free food, it's inexplicable

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Ryugyong Hotel somehow seems even more dystopian now that it's finished than when it was empty concrete floors.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Well they're not under a sanctions regime, so you tell me.

So the sanctions regime prevents them from growing their own food? How do they pay for their massive military, and for the party elites lifestyles? Seems like you could feed the whole country on that budget. The US sure must be powerful to prevent nk soil from working right

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

So the sanctions regime prevents them from growing their own food? How do they pay for their massive military, and for the party elites lifestyles? Seems like you could feed the whole country on that budget. The US sure must be powerful to prevent nk soil from working right

you are just gbs af aren't you

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

somebody who is good at economy please help me, my people are dying

food: $2m
healthcare: $1.4m
nuclear program: $673.8m
military: $4.6m

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gobbagool posted:

North Korea is a rocky and mountainous country with very little arable land to begin with. The vast majority of Korean farmland is in the South. North Korea has always had to rely on foreign trade to feed its population, which is why the famine was so devastating in the 90s after they lost trade with the Soviet Union. They keep maintaining the military first policy because they have a reasonable fear of being invaded after they were called part of the "Axis of evil."

So anyway, the argument of the reactionaries ITT is that it's good to starve an entire country because their supposedly unaccountable and tyrannical government has a homebrew nuclear weapons program, yielding warheads that are only barely more powerful than Fat Man, which they can't even fit on missiles and don't even have a missile that could ever reach the United States. And because of the threat that this program might some day give the North Koreans more leverage in negotiations, that means life should be harder for their people.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Mar 24, 2017

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

North Korea is a rocky and mountainous country with very little arable land to begin with. The vast majority of Korean farmland is in the South. North Korea has always had to rely on foreign trade to feed its population, which is why the famine was so devastating in the 90s after they lost trade with the Soviet Union. They keep maintaining the military first policy because they have a reasonable fear of being invaded after they were called part of the "Axis of evil."

You really are an apologist for the world's worst regimes. I hope you're getting something out of it besides googly eyes from your friend piss

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gobbagool posted:

You really are an apologist for the world's worst regimes. I hope you're getting something out of it besides googly eyes from your friend piss

I'll have you know I've never apologized for the United States.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

jarofpiss posted:

you are just gbs af aren't you

What's wrong? Facts don't fit your narrative? Ha you're a tankie of course they don't

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

What's wrong? Facts don't fit your narrative? Ha you're a tankie of course they don't

im not a tankie im a posadist you imbecile

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

North Korea is bad primarily because of the United States and right wing South Korean governments doing everything they can to validate their paranoiac fears of invasion. Asking how North Korea could be so terrible without accounting for this history of pointless antagonism is idiotic. The situation isn't going to improve by creating starvation conditions you loving retards. They can just say to their people that it's the United States which is preventing them from having a full diet, and they're right.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

gobbagool posted:

must be really maddening to be the slavish adherent to an utterly failed political philosophy, and to be proven wrong in every single actual example of your philosophy made flesh, no wonder you hate yourself so much

:ironicat:

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Wow, the country we spent six decades doing everything we could to gently caress with for originally being against the dictator that we installed directly to their south for geopolitical reasons is a lovely place to live and doesn't like us? What a surprise

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I'm glad to have the "Everything we did in the Cold War was actually good" thread back. I was wondering what it was like in upside down world

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad that there are still goons who blindly white knight the most horrible nations on the planet just to be edgy and anti-US

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm glad that there are still goons who blindly white knight the most horrible nations on the planet just to be edgy and anti-US

If you're not anti-US I literally do not know what to tell you because we have done some truly heinous poo poo

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
What if both North Korea and US are bad?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

resar posted:

What if both North Korea and and US are bad?

the US is why north korea is bad

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Fiction posted:

the US is why north korea is bad

That could be said about almost any country, defending fascist dictators who starve their own people and throw any dissidents in labor camps is still lovely.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If you think about it, Hitler was good, because the US is bad.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Ace of Baes posted:

You'll find no argument with Fiction and his cohort. Between the stock anti semitism and their anger at their fathers and other more successful people they are surrounded by, it almost explains how they arrived at their bizzaro world opinions.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

gobbagool posted:

You'll find no argument with Fiction and his cohort. Between the stock anti semitism and their anger at their fathers and other more successful people they are surrounded by, it almost explains how they arrived at their bizzaro world opinions.

:ironicat:

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Conservative sausage man is mad at commies because his dad was a hippy beatnik.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

resar posted:

Conservative sausage man is mad at commies because his dad was a hippy beatnik.

North Korea isn't communist.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Ace of Baes posted:

North Korea isn't communist.

no poo poo sherlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ace of Baes posted:

The US occupiers certainly figured the Nazis were good while they tried to set up our West German puppet government.

Complain about the North Korean government starving its own citizens all you like, but the United States is literally strangling the flow of food to them.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:43 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread