Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

my favorite made up thing about dprk is they don't allow any screening of foreign films and if you're caught with one you die or get sent to jail

meanwhile, this year the pyongyang international film festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary

i expect la la land to sweep it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

DPRK, not so bad imho

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

General Dog posted:

I've heard a (almost certainly apocryphal) story at church several times about the North Korean government executing Christian families by laying them down and running them over with a steamroller. I've heard this story multiple times several years apart, but it's always recounted as having happened a few weeks before, so I like to imagine there's a steamroller just slowly making its way across the country running over any Christians it encounters.

i thought this was isis with a tank

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's an American guy who defected to the North all the way back in the Korean War, and they've used him as a propaganda mouthpiece ever since. Gave him a wife, a decent apartment, and all the amenities. He even denies that the famine happened during the 90s, probably because they shielded him from it.

he seems like a nice guy, better than some posters itt

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

North Korea is objectively pretty evil though

they mass produce meth, their leaders have pretty girls they see on TV kidnapped so they can rape them, and you and your family can be tortured to death for not saluting a picture of a fat midget

also people starve in that country so often that the populace in general is around a foot shorter than all of their neighbours

sounds like they're exactly the same as us just shorter (and without advertisements on every surface imaginable)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

oh hey look one of peners fellow travellers/edgy internet anime marxists comes to white knight another lovely regime. do you at least get points on your panera card like you did for 'correcting the record'? Or perhaps vouchers for glorious North Korean vacations where you get your own 12 year olds to rape?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

anime is counterrevolutionary and i'll have no part of it btw

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

oh hey glad you're still here, here's another one. I only wish bloated sacks of poo poo like you and pener could actually go live in the places for whom you shill on the internet. Each hot pocket you eat (stealing the fruits of your parents labor, i might add, also counterrevolutionary) has more calories than what a north korean gets in a day.

dprk has awesome art & culture, great movies, plenty of elbow room, and best of all: no traffic. you will not win the argument that it is worse thant the uSA

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

also 2500 calories in white bread every day is why american imperialist pigs are so fat

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

or

hmmmmmm

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

or

...yeah....

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

So the sanctions regime prevents them from growing their own food? How do they pay for their massive military, and for the party elites lifestyles? Seems like you could feed the whole country on that budget. The US sure must be powerful to prevent nk soil from working right

you are just gbs af aren't you

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

gobbagool posted:

What's wrong? Facts don't fit your narrative? Ha you're a tankie of course they don't

im not a tankie im a posadist you imbecile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

Unless someone on this forum is like a Korean-Chinese history scholar there's about a 0% chance that anyone here (including me) knows the best way to approach the North Korea dilemma.

the world should surrender unconditionally to juche immediatel;y

• Locked thread