Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I keep seeing these pro-DPRK memes on facebook and they keep arguing about whether it's good or bad in one of the tankie groups I'm in and I don't really know a lot about it so someone tell me if DPRK is good or bad. I guess they think it's like a conspiracy by imperalists and South Korea that all of the refugee accounts of people who escaped NK are like paid to say that stuff or something and America is bad? I dunno. Thanks 4 your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://thediplomat.com/2014/12/the-strange-tale-of-yeonmi-park/

quote:

You’d have to have been inhuman not to be moved. But – and you’re going to hear a lot of “buts” – was the story she told of her life in North Korea accurate? The more speeches and interviews I read, watch and hear Park give, the more I become aware of serious inconsistencies in her story that suggest it wasn’t. Whether this matters is up to the reader to decide, but my concern is if someone with such a high profile twists their story to fit the narrative we have come to expect from North Korean defectors, our perspective of the country could become dangerously skewed. We need to have a full and truthful picture of life in North Korea if we are to help those living under its abysmally cruel regime and those who try to flee.

:giantthinkingemoji:

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

this is a long video but it's a good deconstruction of juche and north korean propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPf-zZ4eKQ

and yeah north korea sucks

ty

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
:synpa:

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

im gonna stop posting these memes for a bit but i havent really seen any compelling posts yet

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ace of Baes posted:

North Korea is a fascist dictatorship with a handful of hyperwealthy/military peeps living well while the rest of the country is starving/conscripted

Are you sure the place you heard these "facts" isn't an imperialist conspiracy though?

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm beginning to think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Thug Lessons posted:

Can somebody ban that guy for his sig

Rude.

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaoistRebelNews2

has this dumb tanking rear end in a top hat been shown yet.

he lives in his moms basement after working for a week at a gas station and getting mad and quieting.

Living by yourself is wasteful and anti- revolutionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerbalI
Mar 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Communism is fun!

• Locked thread