Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean Capcom have been building on and tweaking their formula for like 13 years now so that's not really surprising.

On the other hand there's probably a bigger difference between T1 and 2 than the original MH and Generations. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It took MH four generations to add more verticality via mounting, then 2kiden just went and nicked the thorn from Freedom Wars, the one thing that game did well. :v:

I'd love to see that system expanded more. Go whole hog and give us different God Hand styles as well as mitama types. Though with offensive and defensive skills that might be too much stuff to keep track of.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bussamove posted:

It took MH four generations to add more verticality via mounting, then 2kiden just went and nicked the thorn from Freedom Wars, the one thing that game did well. :v:

I'd love to see that system expanded more. Go whole hog and give us different God Hand styles as well as mitama types. Though with offensive and defensive skills that might be too much stuff to keep track of.

Hey now, Freedom Wars also had an interesting setting! That's TWO whole things that weren't abysmal about it!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I want another Freedom Wars and I want it on a console.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Managed to get this game playable by setting it's priority to be one step above normal. Core temperatures running a little higher than normal but that's what a heatsink is for! Still within safe temps so whatever

Game owns, I love hitting all of my attack mitama boost and the def -> attack boost and then doing the nonuple charge with the club and pumping out just absurd amounts of damage to limbs.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Tiny thing that bothers me coming from MH to Toukiden is picking materials up off the ground rather than mining ore or picking flowers. I'm aware that's a little ridiculous to be concerned about.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

If I just want to ignore the single player and do cool monster hunts with friends, how far along should I play the single player to unlock all the stuff I need? Like the pool is still closed and theres a machine in the professors house that's locked

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

If I just want to ignore the single player and do cool monster hunts with friends, how far along should I play the single player to unlock all the stuff I need? Like the pool is still closed and theres a machine in the professors house that's locked

I'd recommend going far enough to get the material chest upgrades, your starting 300 item cap is barely enough to hold the monster drops through the normal mode MP lobby's required quests.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Did they patch the MP mic thing yet

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xarbala posted:

I'd recommend going far enough to get the material chest upgrades, your starting 300 item cap is barely enough to hold the monster drops through the normal mode MP lobby's required quests.

While that's true it bears mentioning that there are quite a few Mitama locked behind story progression, as well as the Blacksmith that can enhance your gear to +12. Honestly doing all the story is probably recommended.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is the story at least pretty short? I have basically 0 interest in doing single player monster hunter

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Did they patch the MP mic thing yet

nope lol they ain't patched anything yet

someone on reddit says that they got around the issue by unplugging their mic and plugging it back in but I haven't got the chance to try that out yet

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

They did patch the game-breaking synthesis bug, right? I didn't get to synthesis before the patch, but that's the way it sounded.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Is the story at least pretty short? I have basically 0 interest in doing single player monster hunter

Yes

Hydrocodone posted:

They did patch the game-breaking synthesis bug, right? I didn't get to synthesis before the patch, but that's the way it sounded.

Yes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Not particularly, though it's easy to get sidetracked. Getting the inventory upgrades is pretty quick though. At least the singleplayer is more like an open-world rpg than traditional monhun, meaning it's a surprisingly different experience from what you're probably expecting.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hydrocodone posted:

yeah looking at their steam page it looks like they have released a single patch with a single fix, and it was for that synthesis bug lol

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Dumb question but where can I find a scorpioclaw monster? They seem to be the most elusive kind for me never showing up anywhere in story or the overworld :)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Phase 3 single player mission the creeping fear has one if you're doing a cooking mission. I think like the mission I've encountered them in honor but I couldn't tell you where.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

The mission doesn't show up until you encounter one which is basically why I asked :)

I'll check there, ty.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The mission dumps you at the frozen sea which is in the Northwest part of the zone near hanachiru village so maybe try there first.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I unlocked it via MP because I've never seen one in the wild as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone else pick weapons based on what fits with their armor? Like sword and shield for heavy stuff, naginata or bow for lighter, etc. or is that just a dumb thing I do?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

chumbler posted:

Anyone else pick weapons based on what fits with their armor? Like sword and shield for heavy stuff, naginata or bow for lighter, etc. or is that just a dumb thing I do?

I do it the other way around, personally. If I decide to play around with a different weapon I'll get a specific armor type for it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I choose my weapon and armor type depending on what I'm going to fight

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Babe Magnet posted:

I choose my weapon and armor type depending on what I'm going to fight

That seems like way too much effort especially considering the whole open world thing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

way too much effort is my middle name

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Any clue where to get soul serum easily?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kild posted:

Any clue where to get soul serum easily?

Purify small Age of Yore demons. In MP/Offline lobbies there's a phase 6 mission that basically has you hunting down three ogres across a big swathe of the Age of Yore you can loot and the only reason to run it is because you didn't unlock that age in the SP storyline yet.

Also another reason to do the story: you get access to free roam throughout all of the Ages and easily find the rare monster spawns. Umbrapods and shadow souls.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Another question what does finding every crest do?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
You also eventually have to do it for platinum if you want that but I need to double check what the trophies are for this anyway. Hunting aurogrinders doesn't seem too terrible now but unless I'm missing something holy poo poo the weapon trees suck even worse. Trying to do weapon aficionado ala Kiwami might give me nightmares.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Half or more of the weapon trees are just shortcuts to weapons you can make for more expensive straight from the blacksmith or cheaper from reforging.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, if anybody's curious about stuff like where the crests or inscriptions are and are sick of scouring the map themselves, here's some map guides. Brought to you courtesy of a Japanese fansite by way of someone by the name of Jaragnaros mentioning this in the Steam Community Guides sections. And I figure there's no equivalent for, like, PS4 or anything so here you guys go.

http://ico-friend.com/toukiden2-sirubehibun

Crests are red, inscriptions are blue.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Belzac posted:

Half or more of the weapon trees are just shortcuts to weapons you can make for more expensive straight from the blacksmith or cheaper from reforging.

Do you have a guide for the weapon trees or are you just basing this on looking at what stuff reforges to?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I remake any weapon i reforge so just looking at my list of reforges is a like a half complete list.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Speaking of weapon reforges, is there a decent tier 6 set of poison daggers I can make? I seem to top out at tier 5 for that and I really want a better pair since I really like exploit leech builds.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Anyone know what the base sword for the Yagyu Jubei katana is and how you get it? Is it a story thing? It looks like the best one and I haven't been able to find the materials in multiplayer, and the Japanese wikis aren't giving me the information I need.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm curious about all the Mitama weapons since I haven't had the chance to make any of them yet.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
They're all reforges so you have to find the base sword first.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/846652692730654720

Oh thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
How does the whole reforging process work? Does it result in a random new weapon, or an upgrade?

• Locked thread