Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am downloading the demo to this right now. Last summer Kiwami and God Eater 2 were recommended to me after I complained about a lack of console monster hunters past MHT.

I ended up getting GE2, playing through the first ~10 story missions of GE1, trying out GE2, and being less than impressed. The graphics, the repetitive environments, the seeming lack of diversity in weapons, none of it really kept my attention for long.

On the other hand, playing MHT on the wii 6 years ago with 3 friends was awesome.

If I didn't like GE1/2 and I loved MHT, will Toukiden 2 satisfy my 'gotta have a monster hunter' craving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Belzac posted:

Touki is far closer to the MH side of the formula than GE. But without more info about why MH was fun to you it's hard to tell.

Fair enough.

with MH I really liked:
the environments and how diverse they were. Don't remember the name but there was one boss that you fought from a...train? and had to jump on and attack various body parts?

the weapons all felt really different.

the crafting - I really enjoyed getting the different armor sets ready, and farming various bosses to get specific materials was fun because each of the bosses felt so distinct.

The levels in GE were just no fun.

• Locked thread