Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

I'm enjoying this, apart from the PC's always-on mic problem. But I don't understand more than 1% of what's going on. I skimmed the thread for answers, but sorry if I missed things I'm about to ask.

When my weapon gauge is full, what's the difference between ripping a limb off with my demon hand or blasting it off with my triangle+circle move?

What are the ways to totally remove a part, where not even a ghostly version of it remains? And when you do that, are you limiting your ability to actually hurt them since there isn't a ghost limb to hit?

Is rampage when the oni turns purple-pink?

What are the oni's two status bars I can see with my spirit vision? The second seems to be HP, but I can't work out the first.

Is there a good "workflow" for choosing your 3 mitama? Right now I pick one, read through all my others to try and find enough active boosts to get full value, and usually have to go back and choose a new first and read through everything again. Maybe that's because I don't have enough variety of mitama. I have about 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Oh... I think I was conflating the weapon and unity gauges. I'll have to check the encyclopedia's HUD breakdown again.

And thanks!

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

The demo left me feeling kinda unfulfilled. Anyone recommend a video I can watch of some fight that isn't effectively Great Jaggi: Japan Edition? I watched the Hakumen Souzu fight in the OP but he seemed to spend 90% of the time flopping on his rear end--maybe because it was four people.

(ed: for reference Stygian Zinogre is about as far as I got in Generations before I stopped playing it, if that's a difficulty marker you're familiar with)

Not as tough as a Zinogre, at least at low-rank, but Aurogrinder is one of a couple I've fought so far that I thought was fulfilling to beat. I only skimmed this video, but it looked similar to my encounter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az5LBa2RqNg

Plus it's a vicious, jeweled sea turtle. It's a bit like Tomatoa from Moana, so you can imagine Jemaine Clement is trying to kill you if you like Flight of the Conchords.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Tiny thing that bothers me coming from MH to Toukiden is picking materials up off the ground rather than mining ore or picking flowers. I'm aware that's a little ridiculous to be concerned about.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

They did patch the game-breaking synthesis bug, right? I didn't get to synthesis before the patch, but that's the way it sounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Wallet posted:

Is the game cheaper than I remember? You can get an Xbox controller for like 40$ last I checked.

Yeah, I just checked Amazon and wired 360 controllers, which would be my recommendation, are around $27 in the US.

If they aren't where you live, Arkan, that sucks. Because definitely don't get the game until you have a controller.

• Locked thread