Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't play this game (PC) without some horrendous stuttering issues and it blasting my CPU to bits but I am enjoying what little I can get. Fullscreen is out of the question for some reason, and more mysteriously so is windowed but with the frame cap at 30 lol

I made it about halfway through T1 with a rifle and I plan on maining it this game too, also the sword and shield own bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

chumbler posted:

Unfortunately that's just kind of how it goes with KT ports. It's like they'll just pick PCs at random to say "nope gently caress you" to.

Pretty disappointing. Touki 1, Bladestorm, and every Warriors game I've tried to play on my rig have all been just fine, I was really looking forward to Touki 2 but it's almost unplayable for me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

That's really mysterious, in that case. Your video card drivers are reasonably up to date, and all that? Uh, that said I have read that it's a CPU hog. That might be something they can patch, but if it's a CPU bottleneck there's not much that you, the user, can do about it.

yeah I even went and completely uninstalled my drivers using DDU and reinstalled them fresh.

big nipples big life posted:

Some people have said setting the particle effects to low in the launcher helps with cpu issues.

this is the first thing I tried lol

Emalde posted:

Do you still happen to have the Kiwami save data somewhere for PC users to get the data import bonuses?

possibly but not on my current computer, I'll see if I can access my old PC by tomorrow and upload something

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

okay yeah, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for a fix for this because I'm getting maybe five or six good minutes of gameplay before the game starts to stutter, and I'm pretty sure it's because the game is blasting my CPU at all times because for some reason it's affecting NPC and monster spawn lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mine are in ...Documents\KoeiTecmo\TOUKIDEN2\Savedata_ENG

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Managed to get this game playable by setting it's priority to be one step above normal. Core temperatures running a little higher than normal but that's what a heatsink is for! Still within safe temps so whatever

Game owns, I love hitting all of my attack mitama boost and the def -> attack boost and then doing the nonuple charge with the club and pumping out just absurd amounts of damage to limbs.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Did they patch the MP mic thing yet

nope lol they ain't patched anything yet

someone on reddit says that they got around the issue by unplugging their mic and plugging it back in but I haven't got the chance to try that out yet

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hydrocodone posted:

They did patch the game-breaking synthesis bug, right? I didn't get to synthesis before the patch, but that's the way it sounded.

yeah looking at their steam page it looks like they have released a single patch with a single fix, and it was for that synthesis bug lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I choose my weapon and armor type depending on what I'm going to fight

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

way too much effort is my middle name

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

So I played like half of toukiden 1 and I'm starting to put more time into this one, can I get a clarification on how some things work?

So what does the game mean by "permanent break", what makes it different from regular breaking and purifying the body part? Also, what causes an oni to go into like it's second phase, I thought it would be damage but I've noticed it will happen at different times for the same oni.

The White Dragon armor is so good, it looks cool + is carrying my rear end through this game until something that does water damage shows up and ruins me lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

T2 with the open world and NPC biz and giant monsters feels a lot like Dragons Dogma to me

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you also might get the issue where the game just hogs 100% of your CPU at all times even when paused or in menus, like me, then you just have to set the priority to Above Normal and it's playable but it'll increase your CPU temps so head' sup

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

once you become captain of mahobora you have to defeat the oni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

for real though you're done until story DLC/kiwami or whatever comes out, do the mission counter hunts to advance and get better gear or play some multiplayer hunts

• Locked thread