Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Xarbala posted:

It's a weapon tree system a la Monster Hunter, so you get the option to turn it into one of the next tier of weapons in its tree. Making a new weapon by a reforge is usually cheaper in terms of resources than crafting the same weapons from scratch, though as Belzac mentioned some weapons can only be obtained by reforges. Fortifying takes your weapon and simply upgrades its stats rather than changing it into a new weapon.

One thing to note is that there is a common set of upgrade paths for all of the weapons(I don't think I've seen any that have deviated outside of Mitama weapons). So if you find yourself wishing you had a spear version of that neat bow you've been using it'll cost you the same materials. The downside to that is that if you decide you want multiple versions of the equivalent weapon you'll find yourself having to repeat the same fight a lot, might have been nice if some of them used different parts from the same monster, especially since there's stuff like the Anomolos True<X> which is a great high damage weapon path that seems worth having for all the weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
You can use just about any old garbage controller if you use x360ce, playing this without one basically means a WASD-like setup on the right side of the keyboard to emulate the right analogue stick for camera control.

I haven't tried the keyboard layout but it does seem like it should be decently playable.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It's not just monster health that seems balanced for a party of 4, there's also the later missions with multiple monsters where you don't have the space to fight them separately unless you have npcs to keep one distracted.

Haven't played in a week so I don't remember names, but the only really difficult one I've had so far involved a venter, an ogre type(with the fruit?) and the sort of minotaur looking guy, and it was only difficult because I had to deal with all 3 at once.

• Locked thread