Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The OP mentions running around with 3-4 NPCs, is this how the game is tuned or is it optional?

What interests me in games like monhun is going 1v1 so I don't really enjoy multiplayer because as soon as more people are involved the fights get more "messy". I want full control over the combat and learn the timings and movesets because I'm a :spergin: because I love more "methodical" combat and for that I need the full attention of whatever I'm fighting.

Basically.. As a person who dearly loves Monster Hunter and Dark Souls and have put countless hundreds of hours into them, is there any chance I'd enjoy this game too? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the replies :3:

Looking at the gameplay footage and what you guys said, I guess I should look on it a bit more like a hack-n-slash? The game looks fun nonetheless, don't get me wrong. I enjoy those kinds of games too, I just like to know in advance what I'm getting :v:

Speaking of knowing what you're getting, I just looked at the weapon videos.... there's spears, naginata and fists? Those are literally my three favorite videogame weapons! If those are any good and/or fun to use I might have to buy the game just out of obligation. I mean, I also dig the aesthetic of the game but punching monsters is probably my favorite thing. :swoon:

e: how's the character creator and/or customization options? I live for dress-up games videogame fashion.
e2: also I'm a huge weeb so please tell me there's options for japanese voices (if the game is voiced, that is)

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 7, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Are there (many?) different armors and weapons for ~fashion hunting~ or is it more of a "use what you get" type deal? Also why does the steam page say "partial controller support", are you supposed to play with a keyboard and mouse or something?

I.. think I want this game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't support my resolution so I have to play windowed.... that really sucks :(

Well I'll give it a try at least. Spend a good while in the character creator, hit confirm and... crash to desktop. Why :negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

KT ports, sadly.

Is there any hope that some nerd will come along and release a resolution fix like with the bad Bandai Namco ports? :smith:

Assuming I can even get the game to run, of course..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Gotta say it's really expensive for a shoddy port :(... but I really want to punch monsters so I think I'll give your suggestions a go instead of refunding.

• Locked thread