Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Regarding the PC port, I played about an hour last night and didn't encounter any issues for what it's worth.

Also maybe it's just me and not having played the first one in a while, but this game actually kinda looks a bit worse graphically than Kiwami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope the characters in the campaign are good. I ended up rather liking the ones in the first game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I can't play this game (PC) without some horrendous stuttering issues and it blasting my CPU to bits but I am enjoying what little I can get. Fullscreen is out of the question for some reason, and more mysteriously so is windowed but with the frame cap at 30 lol

Unfortunately that's just kind of how it goes with KT ports. It's like they'll just pick PCs at random to say "nope gently caress you" to.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

After spending a few more hours with the game, any misgivings I had beforehand about the open world thing are gone. It's really just tossing out the load screens, and you still have the mission giver that spawn you right in the fight. Sword and shield also rules and the professor and robot buddy are fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have just finished chapter 1, and this game is actually literally Ghostbusters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone else pick weapons based on what fits with their armor? Like sword and shield for heavy stuff, naginata or bow for lighter, etc. or is that just a dumb thing I do?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It took me a bit to get the hang of the chain whip but it's really growing on me. It's not as technical as it seems at first, and the explosions are always satisfying. Using the chain and sickle well still eludes me, though. I always end up throwing it in the wrong direction and dropping my air combos, particularly if I drift behind the target.

I think only knives and naginata are are still a bit unsatisfying. They should've added another trick to those two since they just feel too simple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know I should make the mitama weapons, but double murdering them feels dickish.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is the difference between defense and aegis? I've been just choosing my armor based on appearance, as is the proper way to do it, but it would be good to know what those stats actually do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All the characters are starting to grow on me, but Kuyo is still the best. I love that rear end in a top hat.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quadbracchium can gently caress right off. There appears to be no safe way way to attack them short range when they're in 4 leg mode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

The OP mentions running around with 3-4 NPCs, is this how the game is tuned or is it optional?

What interests me in games like monhun is going 1v1 so I don't really enjoy multiplayer because as soon as more people are involved the fights get more "messy". I want full control over the combat and learn the timings and movesets because I'm a :spergin: because I love more "methodical" combat and for that I need the full attention of whatever I'm fighting.

Basically.. As a person who dearly loves Monster Hunter and Dark Souls and have put countless hundreds of hours into them, is there any chance I'd enjoy this game too? :v:

The game is definitely more tuned to having the NPCs around in terms of health, and really monster behavior as well. Also the NPCs are better than you in general. The monsters are really aggressive and have attacks that cover pretty large areas, and if you're the only target it's hard to find those openings particularly with slower weapons. I wouldn't really go soloing unless you want to spend 20 minutes on a fight.

Toukiden is faster and looser than Monster Hunter or Dark Souls, but not on the level of a musou or Platinum game. If I had to compare it to another action game, it's probably more like a Devil May Cry game, really. Though even then still a bit more forgiving.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 6, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The character creation isn't bad, but body types end up pretty samey as a consequence of having to make so many armor models. As with most KT stuff all voices are in Japanese, no English dub. It's a bit unfortunate since their chatter doesn't get subtitles, which is understandable since that could get annoying and distracting fast.

Also the howling wheel or whatever armor's giant boots (and Tales of Berseria) reminds me that I wish there was a kick weapon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Thanks!

Are there (many?) different armors and weapons for ~fashion hunting~ or is it more of a "use what you get" type deal? Also why does the steam page say "partial controller support", are you supposed to play with a keyboard and mouse or something?

I.. think I want this game.

The fashion hunting is good, and missions make it very easy to grind out the parts you need for a desired weapon or armor. A few things have to be found out in the world or in ruins runs, though. Eyes of truth masks can be a bit of a pain.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

It doesn't support my resolution so I have to play windowed.... that really sucks :(

Well I'll give it a try at least. Spend a good while in the character creator, hit confirm and... crash to desktop. Why :negative:

KT ports, sadly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So dumb question. I saved the world the first time and got promoted to captain, but because I farted around doing missions and side quests, I forgot what exactly I'm supposed to be doing to progress the story. All the quest description says is sub task: defeat the oni.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huh. Considering it said chapter 7 and I still didn't have some friends' mitama, I assumed there was more. Time to wait, I guess. Not that I'm complaining, as I've certainly gotten my money's worth. Just didn't feel like a conclusion based on how Toukiden 1 went.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If there is ever (hopefully) an expansion, I want Kuyo as a party member.

• Locked thread