Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm planning to get the demo and give it a try, but the op has me a bit confused.

You mention stuff like monster hunter, soul sacrifice, and freedom wars so I assumed this was another hunting game, but you also mentioned Dragon's Dogma which is kind of a completely different genre. Later on you bring it up again as an example of a game that has an open world which seems weird to bring up, because again, it's an RPG that also has some larger monsters, not a hunting game.

So uh, what exactly is this? Is it a hunting game like monster hunter/god eater or is it a full on RPG that also happens to feature larger monsters like Dragon's Dogma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Belzac posted:

Somewhere in the middle, but closer to hunting.

So what's the open world part referring to then? Just that the individual maps aren't segmented into chunks? Or are we talking actual open world and you can run around exploring, fighting whatever you come across?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh poo poo, that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for helping clear that up for me!

• Locked thread