Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
This game is amazing. It's the right blend of monster hunter and... I guess dynasty warriors? For me. Today I realized there's a whole other level of poo poo I was ignoring with the mitamas after I equipped a deceit one who made all my rear spearing precision strikes.

One useful thing that I stumbled onto was holding RB (on xbox 360 controller) after holding X to trigger poo poo like bow strikes and sickle+weightything's chain throw let me move my thumb back so I didn't have to use the claw to hold X. Too much mh when I was younger left me with carpal tunnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man I'm normally not a fan of the Gauntlets. They're too slow and boring and their main cool move requires such a massive window to reach full effectiveness that it often felt kinda blah.

Then I used Gauntlets with Mirage and a bunch of atk speed improving boosts. This is just unfair to the monsters. If I'm in my full combo of skills I can do the entire flurry combo in about 2 or 3 seconds? It's ridiculous. I'm not even FULLY specced for this.

Another fun gauntlet pairing is any mitama ability that lets you get back focus from critting. I've had whole fights where I was mashing the gauntlet special forever thanks to its semi-guaranteed crits.

• Locked thread