Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Anyone know what the base sword for the Yagyu Jubei katana is and how you get it? Is it a story thing? It looks like the best one and I haven't been able to find the materials in multiplayer, and the Japanese wikis aren't giving me the information I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Xarbala posted:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgamy.jp%2Ftoukiden2%2FTachi-list On this google translate page, Yagyu Jubei's Miike Tenta sword is machine translated to Mitsuke Mita. And figuring out where to go from there is kind of a pain for me because I'm not brimming with crafting resources to fill out a catalog singlehandedly. I guess Belzac is in a better position to record this than I am but it's a lot to ask one person.

These resources courtesy of this discussion, by steam user JKthree. The japanese reference sites are posted in the comments of this discussion. Deciphering this stuff with only google translate and common sense is not the most convenient way to go about it, but it's going to take the community a while to sort this out and, hey, we're kinda part of the community too come to think of it.

Yeah I've looked through the wikis and have had no luck turning up whatever the base sword is to make the Yagyu Jubei mitama weeapon, which is of course the raw/dex one that I'd rather have. I already have one mitama sword, but it's fire element and has way less dex, so I'd rather have the one that fits my build best (plus, a lot of the enemies I'm fighting currently are fire-based.)

For people looking for mitama weapons, one of the key ingredients for most of them are Eye of Truth masks, which you can find by turning on your Demon Hand vision (press R3) and finding collectibles that weren't there before. The chance to get it from any of these is random, but the spots are fixed. The best place I've found them is literally the first Phase 1 multiplayer mission, there's one by some statues behind one of those big worm demons. If you don't get it, just quit and restart, if you do, finish the mission.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

I found the sword to reforge into Miike Tenta - Shadow Slicer. It reforges from Longsword or Steel Bite -> either of Oni Slicer or Oni Slicer Mk 2 -> Shadow Slicer (takes one of the previous and 4x crawler's claw [crawler], 3x soul shredder [blitzer], 3x death claw [aquaclaw], 1x iron ore) -> Miike Tenta (I forget exactly what this takes, but I know it involves Yagyu Jubei's shard, eye of truth masks, and the claw you get from High rank ogres).

• Locked thread