Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Spent a good while trying to get into a lobby with a friend (or a lobby at all) on PC. Couldn't join at all or even SEE any lobbies half the time. Guess it's off to PS4 for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Emalde posted:

Were you both set to the same server settings?

Apparently that was it! Whatever, he already refunded it and we always play these hunting games together so I can deal with PS4. :v: But thanks anyway!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Chain whip is pretty great yeah. Loading a part full of kunai then doing the circle combo to pop them all at the end is hugely satisfying. Still trying to figure out a main mitama type to use with it though. I keep cycling between deception, speed, and plain old attack.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

The videos always seem to show those black spiders, which are the first large monster you fight and are pretty much just punching bags. I don't think there's anything as agressive as, like, an Apex Seregios or whatever but monsters definitely don't stay passive.

Yeah something to keep in mind while looking at videos is that Manhunter, the big spider, might look big and intimidating but he's the Great Jaggi equivalent of the game in that he's the first proper large oni you fight and will behave as such.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Now that I have the mitama for it, plunder with Lady Fuse for uber-Quicksilver is the love and the light.

When everything is ready I turn into a blender of death and pop part after part after a while with a stacking attack buff. :getin: It's a pretty utilitarian set too, works with most any weapon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It took MH four generations to add more verticality via mounting, then 2kiden just went and nicked the thorn from Freedom Wars, the one thing that game did well. :v:

I'd love to see that system expanded more. Go whole hog and give us different God Hand styles as well as mitama types. Though with offensive and defensive skills that might be too much stuff to keep track of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kild posted:

yeah a few of the Onis you probably don't want to permabreak. Petros Quadbracchium and Jollux off the top of my head.

Jollux/Edax are kind of a tradeoff because while they start slithering around like weird giant babies they also start spending a lot of time doing nothing at all.

Petros rolls around way too much and quadbracchium can be a pain if you can start breaking its new legs quick, though.

• Locked thread