Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PittTheElder posted:

I think the saving grace is that the much younger women inevitably get tired of him and his poo poo within a 20 minute plot arc.

And even that was a thing in the original, basically the whole joke is how hilariously insufferable Frasier is most of the time and few women are crazy enough to want to put up with his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

Just set the Frasier theme as my ringtone. The blues are calling, guys. I've gotta answer this one.

update: i got a call early this morning and this was an insane thing to wake up to

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Caesar Saladin posted:

update: i got a call early this morning and this was an insane thing to wake up to

i appreciate this update more than any update on the content of the new show so far

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And even that was a thing in the original, basically the whole joke is how hilariously insufferable Frasier is most of the time and few women are crazy enough to want to put up with his bullshit.

Frasier is not the hero of the show Frasier

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Frasier is not the hero of the show Frasier

The Frasier system:

Feign Alzheimers
R

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The GRAMMER system

Grab a handful of xanax
R

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grassy Knowles posted:

The Frasier system:

Feign Alzheimers
R

Read Steven Sondheim
A

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

S is definitely Sherry

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Read Steven Sondheim
A

Ask Roz

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

At this point Grammer is like the weird uncle you only really see a couple of times per year. You really wish he'd change and stop making terrible choices, but he's still your uncle and you know he went through a lot of hard times when he was younger, so you don't really call him out like you probably should. If anything you're kind of relieved that he's still alive and not in prison after all the things he's done.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

How do you vary the ringtone to account for "mercy", "oh my", "quite stylish"?

Because if its just the one variation, then its both an abomination and maddening to listen to.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have every variation and set the ringtones based on the individual and how much they make my heart say hidey hadey.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

It was nice to see Roz again in the season/series(?) finale.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

egon_beeblebrox posted:

It was nice to see Roz again in the season/series(?) finale.

They really didn't do much with her unfortunately.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I actually really like the new show and think it's better than later-season original recipe Frasier, so I wish Kelsey would just keep his bullshit to himself.

Or as long as I'm living in the magical world of What If, that he's visited by three ghosts and comes the gently caress to.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
"Three ghosts visit a guy while he sleeps and changes the nature of his soul. That's Moneyplane."

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That reminds me of a movie, what was it... Oh right, An American Carol guest-starring Kelsey Grammer

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
(bravely) Nu-Frasier was good and I hope they make more of it

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I wouldn't mind another couple seasons. Hopefully some more of the old cast can make an appearance.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should have a episode where David Crane meets David Crane the programmer of Pitfall and A Boy and his Blob

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

It's good by modern standards but doesn't compare to even late original Frasier. I'd be ok with more though.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

codo27 posted:

It's good by modern standards but doesn't compare to even late original Frasier. I'd be ok with more though.

Freddy & Eve need to calm down a little with their sitcom acting. Little too try hard.

Overall much better than what I was expecting, it's not the worst thing. I didn't immediate nope out like I expected to. If it comes back, I'll watch it again.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

incorrect, Eve can do no wrong.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Freddy and Eve need to go ahead and gently caress

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it's nice that Freddy is a fireperson rather than a cop.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was waiting for moose to say or do something racist while hitting on frasier’s boss.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mousse would never do that, he's an angel

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Frasier himself is extremely Frasier; it's as if he never left. The surrounding sitcom is unendearingly modern, but the Frasier humor crops up at the right times to mellow it out. I enjoyed this season and hope we get some more. And that they convince Niles and Daphne to guest star an episode.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

MONEYPLANE.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see kids playing with lawn darts? motherfuckin’ MONEYPLANE.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

you wanna see a dude marry a stripper and then down a Viper into a ditch on coke and booze?
MONEY PLANE

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't not want to see that?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm holding out for the guest appearance of Optimus Prime.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

You wanna see Frasier without Niles or Martin? motherfuckin’ MONEYPLANE.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Found Niles. He traveled back in time and married Julia Child. He also brought Lilith with him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

We finally get to see Maris.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We finally get to see Maris.

The two dumbest things that series could ever do are to show Maris or Vera.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The should do an episode where Niles keeps yelling at Maris off screen and days she won't come out of her room and finally Frasier goes in there to try to talk to her and its an urn

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I've seen one or two women in my life that could pass for Maris but these were not people you would put on TV for comedic purposes unless you were the cruelest person on Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cosmik Slop posted:

I've seen one or two women in my life that could pass for Maris

I also saw Lara Flynn Boyle’s death on hit TV series Las Vegas.