Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cosmik Slop posted:

Anytime Frasier "went to a conference" Kelsey was in rehab/detox

Supposedly Grammer would just be sitting down unresponsive and zonked out of his mind but as soon as they called action he'd immediately react and start acting only to shut down again after the scene ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The episode where Frasier irreparably destroys or loses Martin's chair and he goes to great lengths and cost to replace it exactly as is leading to the punchline that it was now the most expensive piece of furniture in his apartment is still the best thing ever played on tv

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why are they always so mean to Lilith if she's nothing but cordial and polite to everybody I mean yeah she's cold and was kinda rude once or twice but that was only in response to the Crane boys attacking her first

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vakal posted:

I've always assumed she took Fraiser to the cleaners in the divorce.

Dude moved as cross country as you can possibly get to a swanky new apartment and pays for his dad and his dad's caretaker who he also paid for on the basis of an always shaky paycheck in a highly volatile industry

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Frasier seems to love slutshamimg Roz

Do they ever hook up?

I'm 4 seasons in and wondering if this is some Donna and Josh Lyman style stuff or if she's gonna rage quit to work for Dan Savage once it hits the late 90s

They do once
Also I read Roz got pregnant not because Peri Giplin was too (she wasn't at that point irl) but because the producers decided there needed to be consequences to Roz always sleeping around so that was kinda lovely

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Even though they made a pretty good joke about it when she discovered she was pregnant (condoms only work 99 percent of the time. I can't beat those odds)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I just watched the episode where Roz and Frasier ALMOST sleep together and man this is probably the best representation of two friends who wanted to get it on but stopped because their friendship is worth more than that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Was the episode where Frasier gets his caricature put in an italian restaurant the cringiest episode?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
"That's not how you spell fellatio" is one of those legendary deliveries that is up there with Ross's first WE WERE ON A BREAK and JD's where do you think we are

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man but does David Hyde Pierce lose A LOT of hair between Season 7 Ep. 24 and Season 8 Ep. 1

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles are hoping they are related to the Russian royal family, but then it turns out their great-grandmother was a literal thieving whore.

Thieving scullery maid

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wish my voice sounded half as smooth and velvety as Kelsey Grammer's

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Timby posted:

Anytime Frasier roars "GET OUT!" is great, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fauJh53Ro

And all it took was the pretty lady making fun of his froofy monogrammed towels

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

gently caress da Mods posted:

aight so u say he slutshamed ross
and now ur saying hes insecure

u got beef w frasier bitch?

I wasn't the froofy monogrammed towel who said The Frajer slutshamed Roz dog

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how they adapted Daphne's actress's pregnancy into Daphne getting super fat from a lurking feeling of inadequacy re her relationship with Niles

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Much better than just hiding her behind increasingly ridiculous overcoats, loose clothes and props like literally any other sitcom with actresses who got pregnant midway through a season

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Holy gently caress I forgot the super funny sequence of Frasier breaking up with a french guy for Roz

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Any episode with Frasier's kid was pretty bad right

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

spog posted:

Apart from the one where they are trying to get him into a posh school.

Oh yeah that one was good
My problem with Freddie is his fat child face

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Octy posted:

That always seemed a bit out of character for me. Frasier is a colossal nerd in a lot of ways but he doesn't strike me as a Trekkie

He's tricked into it by his nerd coworker who is constantly sexually harassing Roz

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like the little bits of continuity the show had, like Le Cigar Volant and Chez Henri, Frasier's Chez away from Chez.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also how all french restaurants had very odd names like The Flying Cigar, the Pig's Foot the Little Birds, and I think at one point the Monkey's Heart

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In the episode where Nathan Lane steals Frasier's identity, a lot of people recognized Frasier as being on the radio, why did no one say hey this guy sounds just like Frasier while this other guy sounds like a pig that learned to speak english surely that's not Frasier

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cafe Nervosa wasn't totally just a plot device they had some continuity with the people who worked there.

Yeah, there was a waiter who had shown up in the background since like season 3 and by season 10 Niles and Frasier would try to stump him with their esoteric and exotic coffee choices and he'd prepare them without missing a beat

Also the gossipy waitress that by next season Niles was dating

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What do you think Lilith thought when she found bootleg copies of Vampire Hunter D, Bible Black and Ninja Scroll hidden under Frederick's bed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
People who dump on the episode in the parking garage screw you that ending with Roz accidentally revealing she slept with Frasier and the Fras unknowingly describing it as his adventure with the parking garage and Niles and Luith Guthman was the most Frasier thing ever

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

the littlest prince posted:

This show is good but it's tiring seeing the exact same plot devices in each and every show. How many times can frasier end up in a conversation that has two completely different meanings before it gets unbearable?

In my experience it still hasn't

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how the cellphones evolve over the course of the series. It started with only super wealthy Niles having a big brick cellphone then eventually Frasier and Martin get one then they have those awful flippy twisty ones

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also a lot of people forget how the old man Martin Crane endgame was to wait 30 years to marry his children's babysitter

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
How does Kelsey Grammer sound like naturally? I can't imagine the guy who plays Frasier isn't all affected pronunciation and so much ham in his regular life

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FuhrerHat posted:

one of the eddies was also wishbone, and milo from the mask

that stupid dog made me think jack russel terriers were good dogs to own

Didn't it start a wave of people buying jack russels en mass and then it turns out it's a breed of dog that NEEDS tons of space otherwise they literally jump out of windows to their doggy deaths?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I gotta say, Kelsey Grammer being the main villain of Transformers 4 was a very pleasant surprise

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean Michael Bay looked at Kelsey Grammer and said yes, I want Frasier Crane to be the main human villain in the set up for the conclusion of my sprawling multi movie franchise and played it completely straight how great is that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I never understood why dog actors are never named after their main dog character. Like why didn't they name Moose Eddie to make things easier for the trainer/off screen guy signaling instructions? And then I think Moose's dog son's name was like Enzo or something. If you're priming a replacement for your dog actor why not name it after the character

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

This is art reflecting life. Likewise, I wouldn't mind seeing a fraiser reboot set a few years down the road, fraiser's lost his show after some questionable public statements and most of his money in an all psychiatry radio channel also martys passed on and Niles has come out. Fraiser could "break bad" (I've never seen the show I hope I'm using that right), wear a dirty singlet, beat people up

Martin's still alive because he's tough as piss and now his constant companion is a fresh new russel terrier and Roz and Bulldog are divorced

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Was that bit in the Nanny G episode where she asks Frasier if he knows what it's like to play the same character for 20 years the only bit of wall breaking camera mugging the show ever did?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Are dating services slash match makers still a thing today? And do they really cost 10 thousand dollars
What is a doula

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In S11E21 I find the premise of Frasier and Charlotte having to ask for mechanical help from those dour yet friendly country people extremely unlikely, because despite Frasier knowing less than nothing about cars, he would most likely have his expensive german car inspected as soon as any warning light would pop on, if not because he very obviously meticulously takes care of his things, at least because his vehicle showing visible signs of wear and tear would present a great blow to his ego

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 4, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is Stephen Root the operational definition of a character actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i don't know!!! what's a doula with you??????

(it's a type of midwife iirc)

It sounds like an ethnic midwife used exclusively by affluent white people