Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Eddie get off my couch!

Where is my expensive wine???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcwstgNMbOA

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I liked how Martin was really good at chess and how Roz actually had her baby.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hammerite posted:

went way downhill when daphne and niles got together

What do they have to talk about all the time??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

NOPE! That's where you thought he was going, but he went to Chicago after that one girl he just started dating. I'm sure he will have screwed that up with in a couple weeks as well.

The series ended with him jumping out of a skyscraper while screaming "FRASIER HAS LEFT THE BUILDING"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was probably the smartest sitcom because sitcoms are returded

Pretty much this. I really only watch it when I'm drinking and don't feel like thinking a lot about what's on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There are way fewer cringe-worthy "it was a different time back then" moments in Frasier than any other sitcom from the era.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

beefart posted:

I am a garden dry and brown,
You are the rain that tumbles down.
Susan.
I am a beggar that needs to eat,
You are a sandwich thick with meat.
Susan.
*sprinkler system goes off in building*

Na na na na na flesh is burning

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Vakal posted:

Maris was shown on the show.

I just watched this episode recently.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

scrubs season six posted:

Frasier sucks cocks why is this a thread

I was drinking a beer and watching Frasier on the TV and posting on the forums on my phone, so a Frasier thread happened.

Frasier is definitely better than a show like, just picking something completely at random, Scrubs.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

naem posted:

I liked scrubs

I enjoyed Scrubs when I was 19 and a dumbass.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

hard counter posted:

tbh if i were frasier i'd have stayed with his emotionless upperclass goth-wife named after a succubus

Leaving his child to go across the country was pretty drat selfish.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Life has been quite a bit of tossed salad and scrambled eggs for Kelsey Grammer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

cool new Polack jokes posted:

abscond

ab·scond
əbˈskänd/
verb
to leave hurriedly and secretly, typically to avoid detection of or arrest for an unlawful action such as theft.

synonyms:
run away, escape, bolt, flee, make off, take flight, take off, decamp

I'd actually use the word 'absquatulate' which is a real word and awesome.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is required viewing for the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSK1UeD9nvE

I so very can't believe this was actually part of an episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have been watching this show half my drat life and I just now realized Frasier has two drat phones in the living room like 10 feet from each other.

The one they usually use is by Martin's chair but there's another one on the little table to the right of the entrance to the kitchen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Why two phones in the living room??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The episode where Frasier irreparably destroys or loses Martin's chair and he goes to great lengths and cost to replace it exactly as is leading to the punchline that it was now the most expensive piece of furniture in his apartment is still the best thing ever played on tv

I rewatched that tonight due to this post and there are some grade-A boner jokes in that episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I like the one where Roz gets a loan from Frasier, he thinks she's spending his money in all these wasteful ways, she has these very good explanations for everything and makes him feel terrible but it turns out she really was wasting the money. Kudos to you Roz gently caress that guy for being uptight.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That rules.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mel was the best.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

At least they acknowledged Niles and Daphne not making sense. Also they showed multiple times how her wacky/British stories were often just clever ways to manipulate the Crane boys.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Like the one episode I watched recently had her make up a story about her piano instructor killed himself to get Niles to let her stop trying to play. Also I remember an early season episode where she talked about how she was going to make some gross British dish just to freak everybody out and get the condo to herself. Just off the top of my head.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The washer dryer room was just Frasier's hat storage for 6 seasons because he didn't give a poo poo about making his dad's physical therapist do laundry in the basement.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

So what furniture and artwork are on the wall that the TV is on??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There were good and bad episodes in every season but if you were to watch one completely randomly and there's no weird Frasier hair or Daphne Niles relationship you're almost guaranteed to see some decent television.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The top 3 seasons in terms of viewers were 6,7, and 1.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pro click.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Niles really loves his car and driving in general, it's a character trait they keep throughout the show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah Luis Guzman was just trying to do his lovely job.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

He even tried to pay like almost immediately.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

the littlest prince posted:

Le Cigar Volant!

It's the only thing in my head that can compete with "Boggle?!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cigare volant : flying cigar : flying saucer

I thought it was a Freud joke.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cafe Nervosa wasn't totally just a plot device they had some continuity with the people who worked there.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I can't believe there's a thread about this show. Things to read that are more interesting than SA posts about Frasier: cover to cover reading of one of those 5 pound JC Penny catalogues from the 80's.

Le Cigar Volant!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Commemorative plate: Frasier Crane Drooling While Eating.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It is the late 90's/early 2000's and Frasier has money, he is constantly taking xanax just offscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier will be a good thing to show future generations when we want to explain just how quickly talking on the phone in the car went from a high class to a low class behavior.