Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Today, May 1, HBO has added 15 Minutes, a shlocky 2001 thriller movie about fame and violence that actually was ahead of its time that features old Kelsey Grammer as a scumbag TV news man. Good Lord does he ever chew the scenery like it was so much tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The most hosed up episode is the one where a series of awkward misunderstandings leads Niles and Frasier to kill and eat Eddie. Then they replace him with a new dog but Martin doesn't even notice.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Post from alt.tv.frasier from 1996:

Darlene Crandall

I bought a jack russell and named it Eddie. Then I took a picture of John Mahoney's face I cut out of a magazine and put it over my own face. "Jump, Eddie! Roll over Eddie!" I said from behind the paper. All he did was pee on the floor. So what I'm wondering is, does anyone have any recipes for jack russell ceviche? Thanks in advance!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I didn't have the reference in mind when I made the post but I immediately realized it afterwards and I've been thinking about that episode all day.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't get it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Has anyone seen The Perfect Host?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Octy posted:

Yes, it was terrible.

Shlocky yes, but terrible?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Octy posted:

Yes, but it was basically David Hyde Pierce playing a psychotic murderer version of Niles Crane which isn't too much of a stretch for the original character. Niles always looked like he was about to snap.

This is why I think it's required viewing for Frasier fans.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I still prefer everybody loves raymond

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

le jazz cigar volant

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Freddy throws the spelling trophy into the trash like a boss and Frasier runs to retrieve it like a big baby.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Drunkenly watched the episode with guest star Patrick Stewart in it last night. So good. And it's a last season ep! The worst season!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ChiralCondensate posted:

let's all go to a taco show... bippity boppity buttons and bows!

Top 5 scenes of the show's run.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Spotted this on the wall of the bathroom of a dive bar in Montreal

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

st elmos fire was all the product of a delusional tard it had implications that a lot of broadcast sitcoms after 1980 were also the product of that kid staring at a snowglobe. iirc the connection to all this is that the docs from that hospital went to cheers once so transitively frasier is a construct of an autistic child

if you are confused, peep my av for guidance

St. Elsewhere.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Newsradio is the best sitcom that has ever been or will ever be.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Listen I started this thread okay my Frasier fan credentials are in order. I love me some Frasier! It's just hard for Newsradio not to come up in a discussion about any sitcom because it's the pinnacle of the genre.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That Donny scene with "Mr. Chump" is masterful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier was basically Portlandia 15 years before Portlandia, with various traditional sitcom plots welded on, and a character from a really popular and iconic television show thrown into the gumbo.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That end part of the parking garage episode makes up for the rest of it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Eddie threw up things in Frasier's silk slippers that were better actors than any of the Friends bunch.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Then have Yoshi bury her in the garden.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yoshi passed away in like season 7 or 8 you insensitive bastard!

I'm upset that I could remember the name of Niles and Maris's gardener but I didn't remember that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The fabled lost last season of Frasier where the writers decided the premise was getting stale so they reset the show in the Jetsons universe without any explanations. It was very strange.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

In honor of the UK election I'm watching the episode where Frasier and Niles support the crazy guy for Congress.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

spoilers guys, i've still got a season and a half left

Frasier saves Zion from the machines.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Sagacity posted:

Just finished the series finale. After Frasier, Seinfeld and News Radio I'd really like to know what other older shows are equally good :(

The Critic.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

obeyasia posted:

Just wanna say thanks for all the Frasier talk. I love learning trivia about this show.

You're welcome. I watch this show when I'm drunk and mentally drained from work. It's good for that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The one good Family Guy joke ever was that one about how most of Monty Python is boring as gently caress.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Wonder Weapon posted:

flesh is burning na na na na na na

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I won't defend anything past season 7.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier's place has 3.5 bathrooms. Insane.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Imdb says she was in 18 loving episodes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's sort of like when Dick Tracy became a comic strip about moon people.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Has some superfan ever made a diagram of where the condo board's meeting room is?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I finally watched The Pentagon Wars. Gram gramms brings the serious ham in that movie, it's very fun.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Frasier made bank working in private practice in Boston and he parleyed that into some high risk high yield investments which, even after a costly divorce, he was able to live comfortably off, combined with his various income streams from being a locally famous radio psychiatrist in Seattle, up till whenever the plot of the show needed him to need money.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Lillith wasn't exactly destitute either

That's also true.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

I'm powering through the last two seasons now in case Netflix takes them away like they took away Futurama ;_;

also some guy just assumed roz was Niles post sex change :hmbol:

That's the episode where the old family friend comes back and Martin wonders if he's really Frasier and Niles' biological father. One of the best later ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I see and fear a dark future where Frasier is taken off all streaming services and all us superfans have left to watch is that video of Kelsey Grammer falling down.