Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

So far my only real complaint is Niles and Daphne's kid. Way too BBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Frasier (The show, not the character) hates women in that 90s punchline way. It kinda gets better, but not really. They do get better with Roz. Eventually she owns the promiscuity and it works very well.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

8-13 has been a season of show for awhile now.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Frasier got Oprah money now, he bought the building.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I mean Kelsey is a turd, but he's had a rough go of things. He's allowed a few brain worms. So far he's not egregiously terrible.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Annabel Pee posted:

The show itself has Kelsey’s weird ego all over it too tbh. Like just the fact that the character considers himself this sexy rich psychologist superstar and is still going around on dates with attractive women at 70 years old and all the other characters just accept this as fact. Like if the show wasn’t created by him I’m sure it would be less positive towards his character and it would make for a more interesting show.

There are countless examples of old rich dudes with young hot wives. Not sure how that puts any stretch on your suspension of disbelief.

Patrick Stewart is 83, his wife is 44. John Cleese is 84, his wife 43.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

codo27 posted:

It's good by modern standards but doesn't compare to even late original Frasier. I'd be ok with more though.

Freddy & Eve need to calm down a little with their sitcom acting. Little too try hard.

Overall much better than what I was expecting, it's not the worst thing. I didn't immediate nope out like I expected to. If it comes back, I'll watch it again.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't not want to see that?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Found Niles. He traveled back in time and married Julia Child. He also brought Lilith with him.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I am plowing through them. It's great.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Everybody knowing your name somewhere loses it's luster when you're Dr. Frasier Crane and everybody knows your name no matter where you go.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Gotta save Cheers for the final season as a backdoor pilot.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

This probably *was* the final season.

Have we heard anything about them doing more? 'Cause Paramount Plus might just fuckin' die anyway.

They'll never achieve my dream of a Star Trek episode every week all year round. :negative:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

as someone who likes some treks, that's a cursed as hell monkeys paw you got there

I am so very extremely well aware. We got close, and it required both Picard and Disco to get there and I was fine with that.

Maybe not fine. There was a lot of complaining during the Picard and Disco episodes, but I watched it dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Couple complaints but it hits basically all the right notes.

I think it'd be a decent show even without the Frasier branding. Though finding somebody with the presence of Kelsey to carry it would be a tall order.