Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Huh. Well I'll be, not what I expected::

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_American_television_stars

I didn't realize "Everybody loves Raymond" warranted such a large salary. Probably because it sucks rear end.

It hits all of the same family friendly, christian-approved "nice cleanish humor" static daytime TV demo groups similarly which made Oprah a billionaire and a religious figure for her demo group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tthe sentences at that time for small timers were more towards "slap on the wrist" instead of the modern "kick in the dick". There was a case of youngsters turning drug smugglers from Florida bringing stuff in literally by the boatloads and they got something like 5 years in med-sec.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Always makes me feel a little bad for Frasier when you realise that Niles is better than Frasier at this job that Niles disparages so often.

That has to be a writer-driven stab at Kelsey Grammer, who was in rehab or off the wagon every now and then while David Hyde Pierce was left to headline the show for several episodes.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I think there was only one, Head Game, where Frasier is completely absent due to Kelsey’s rehab (save for an opening filmed separately from the rest of the episode).

Wasn't he again and again drunk, stoned, wasted or just difficult when they were filming? Some of it is even mentioned on his wiki page.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Today I found out that the sitcom Modern Family has a lot of frasier pedigree, which explains why at least one episode a season's a pretty good farce and the episodes with some of the more melodramatic scenes do land pretty well

It is indeed very good, on the yardstick being other sitcoms in non-subscription services. Some of the child actors grew up to be less-than great at acting, so that might irritate you on the later seasons, though.

And it gives the alternative universe Al Bundy a happy life, where he ditched the redheaded bimbo after high school, went to college and found a business in the closet industries.

EDIT: In the otherwise pretty forgettable sitcom 8 Simple Rules (besides John Ritter dying after the season 1 and giving Kaley Cuoco her first big exposure role) had a stroke of genius in the last season when in the episode "Old Flame" Ed O'Neill was cast as the high school boyfriend who never got around to do anything meaningful after breaking up with the main character played by Katey Sagal.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 28, 2020

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Just looked up this guy and I mean how do you explain this, op?

I really, really, REALLY hope that is all makeup and not cover-up for liver & kidney failure.

...it is, isn't it? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

In general for the general populace and the Frasier-implied timelines, I have to say that I disagree with the sentiment that the gentlemen should wear white vest and vest shoes before the evening, after all there is 6 PM for a reason. Are they scouting for the ladies of the night, or are they just proposing that their immediate urges are for the improper of nature?