Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

GolfHole posted:

maybe maris will be on-camera this time

That would actually be hilarious. Especially if she's relatively normal and sharing the wild reasons Niles is absent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

absolute amateur hour ranking. real frasier heads know that cam winston belongs in s-tier.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Given the producers' treatment of Roz I might not have gotten my hopes up. Sitcoms of that era were pretty bad about actually developing women, from what I recall.

Honestly Roz feels like an extremely modern woman on rewatch. Much less of a caricature than the other women on the show.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

codo27 posted:

Post-Frasier, you have, what? Brooklyn 99, Parks & Rec. I've watched two seasons almost of the Office waiting for it to get good. Any other worthwhile sitcoms?

In the more traditional vein there's the Mindy Project, Superstore, probably more. Out on the fringes of the genre you have the gems of Always Sunny and Silicon Valley.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Oh, and if you can deal with musical comedy, I highly recommend Crazy Ex Girlfriend.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

I think your standards are different to mine. I’ve seen plenty of great TV in the last decade but nothing that’s just relentlessly good natured and also funny. That seems worthwhile.

Yea that's literally The Good Place

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

I think the saving grace is that the much younger women inevitably get tired of him and his poo poo within a 20 minute plot arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Frasier thinking she was an urn and trying to dance around grieving with Niles while she was in fact just standing behind it sounds delightful actually. Classic sitcom madness