Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
This show still makes me laugh. It just does farce so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

End of Shoelace posted:

twins, stand in line, im short on bullets

... romping with my school chums in the fens and spinneys!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

food court bailiff posted:

What? Was that a thing? I don't really remember any episodes of Frasier Minus Frasier.

Pretty sure that was the behind-the-scenes reason for the ep where Niles took over Frasier's show.

"I'm a Jungian, so there will be no blaming mother today!"

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I want to know what Niles' apartment in The Montana would go for. That place was unreal!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Propaganda Hour posted:

I think we can all agree that the worst episode of Frasier is all the ones with his kid.

The best episode is the radio drama where Frasier flips out and decides he's going to play every part himself.

Nah, he just wanted to play the detective and direct it. He forced Niles to play a bunch of parts though.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

FuhrerHat posted:

its time for black frasier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zffv-FCEYM

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Frasier in an E65, this would be S10 or 11 most likely

I don't think I've ever disliked Frasier Crane as much as I did during that episode (nothing to do with his car, but it does give credence to my thesis that BMW-owners are dicks).

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember when Frasier had sex with their pastry chef, but kept calling her another woman's name? Then Niles and him had to eat at other restaurants for awhile. I always liked it when the Crane men all cheered each other up when they were all having a bad day. Like the couple of times they all got broken up with on the same night, or when they all sat around watching home movies of their mother/wife on Martin's birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcJdgHhQDL4

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo, the episode where Niles & Lilith hook up is way more dysfunctional than anything I would have expected from this show based on the first 4 seasons.

Does this ever come up again or do they just brush it under the rug?

If my younger brother hosed my ex-wife I'd definitely hit him in the face and stomach until a separate third party stopped me from mashing his bloody skull paste into the Earth. Fraser, being especially vain, I doubt he could cool down without a lot of booze and rainy Seattle walks and probably a kilo of foie gras

Also Eddie has to be the best trained dog on TV, I'm constantly impressed at the way they write his little gags.

I think it's brought up in the Bar Mitzvah episode. Someone lets it slip, and Daphne becomes jealous. Frasier seems to have handled it pretty well though. Maybe his diet of sherry and foi gras keeps him docile.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Golden Girls was top notch, although Bea Arthur was the most unlikable straight man I've ever seen in a sitcom

I've always wanted to watch Caroline in the City again, a show which I'm sure is awful, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere

I used to watch Caroline in the City every day when I got home from school. I wouldn't say it's awful so much as forgettable.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Thunder Bear posted:

One thing I'm really liking is how close and brotherly Frasier and Niles are.

They even take all the inevitable 'haha you dorks are always hanging out together' jabs in stride. Warms my heart. :3:

They are compadres, amigos, hermanos. And you always know that, "if you get one, you get that other one."

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frankly, I find the whole thing a little....

What?! Charming?!

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

They're adorable. Mostly Niles.

I had a hopeless crush on Niles when I was fourteen. Because he *is* adorable.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

HAT FETISH posted:

What's the deal with the one where Daphne's old fiance shows up? Great episode but the guy just peaces out at the end and there's no real conclusion, idk it just seems like a weirdly sudden ending. Most sitcoms of the time would have her actually explaining everything after she says "I can explain everything" but nope, dude just walks away forever and presumably keeps on believing that Martin is an astronaut and so on

"Really, we're not the awful people you think we are! The truth is that we've been lying to you all night!"

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

That is unfortunate.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

I think I would have liked the show more if it wasn't about these existing characters. As it is, a lot of the information given about them doesn't make any goddamn sense when looked through the lens of Frasier/Cheers. Like, how did Frederick, the delicate, non-athletic, lonely and fussy boy who used to observe other children's play pattern for fun, become such a ... dude? With Frasier and Niles, it was said they took after their mother, but Freddie's mom is even more of a stuffed suit than Frasier. He only met his granddad a few times a year, so how can Martin have been such a big impact on his personality?

And professor what's-his-name, who's supposedly been one of Frasier's closest friends from his days in Boston, why has he never been mentioned or seen on either Cheers or Frasier? Hearing that dude talk about Niles and Daphne like he knew them was incredibly jarring.

And David feels like a bad impression of Niles at his most cartoonish. I guess the idea is that he's a Niles-clone with Daphne's "big heart," but I think that's not doing either of David's parents justice. Daphne had a personality too, and Niles was always more than just his foibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

how we feeling about the new apartment

Instantly dated in a way his old apartment never was.