Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Surprised at all the dislike for Daphne's mom, I thought she was a good terrible person.

My least favorite episode has got to be the one where Roz's baby daddy's parents show up and have these enormous noses. That's the joke. And, okay, maybe funny when you see it for the first time, but then you have to watch every other character walk in and laugh hysterically at this dumb joke over and over and the noses look really fake and it's just bad. I'm trying to remember what else happened in that episode but all I can recall is that stupid scene.

As a mental health expert, I've been listening to what my good friend Phil Patterson has to say. I like the way his mind works. He's a visionary, and he cares about the little people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Anyone see the episode of Wings with Frasier guest starring as himself? I never watched Wings so I didn't know it was a thing.

But...but...there's a scene in Frasier where Frasier is at his piano playing the Wings theme!

This is like George watching Mad About You, even though there was a crossover and the shows exist in the same universe.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frasier also used to watch sports and is close friends with an ex MLB relief pitcher, but always seems to forget that when he talks to people about sports.

I guess you could also chalk this up to Niles' influence. There's a flashback scene where it shows them meeting up at the coffee shop after not having seen each other for years, and Frasier orders a plain black coffee and chuckles at Niles' much fussier order.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

oldpainless posted:

I have trouble Believing a germophobe and let us say sensitive person like niles made it through med school.

Beneath that fussy exterior lies a real dirty dog; we catch a glimpse of this in Island Niles

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's been a long time since I watched Wings, but I think it's just Lilith and Frasier stuck in the airport.

I thought it was Clavin and Norm, in an airplane. I think Norm makes a joke.

There's an ep of Fraiser where Fraiser plays the Wings theme on the piano.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

I personally like Frayzher's haircut in the early seasons, I think it works

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

They do make a point about how Maris avoids Crane family functions, so he probably doesn't see her that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Cosmik Slop posted:

Am I the only person on earth who didn't think Daphne's mom was that bad

I thought she was pretty funny, and lived up perfectly to Daphne's stories about her.

An actually bad character is Noel, and that campy gay producer that was in one episode.