Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

edit:
And I'd still love to see a Frasier spin off where Freddy has become a detective in his grandfather's footsteps and wound up marrying a woman a bunch like Daphne or something.

sounds good but there's no way detective freddie isn't ending up with a goth gf who has a whole bunch of high level degrees - it drives grandpa frasier mad because he sees parallels with lilith that aren't actually there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Also was anyone else sad that Kelsey Grammar didnt GET BEEFY when he was Beast in X-Men???

no but i was downright spooked when i heard kelsey's tough guy voice in expendables 3

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

wished kelsey had kept his natural voice/accent and talked up his company of mercs the way frasier talks up his favorite concertos

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

daphne as paramedic except instead of film references it's just more family anecdotes :geno:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the highschool reunion episode is aces

the article's author has a weak stomach

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

kate costas was a good foil imho, i wish she had stuck around

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

The actress was terrible, but I liked the idea of one of Frasier's girlfriends being his boss and more of an expert in their field than him.

not to mention the fact that she turned out to have completely pedestrian tastes in music, theater and art despite being able to run circles around him on some of those subjects

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

probably similar to when jason alexander guested on voyager

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

* Maris is never shown so we cannot deduce exactly how close to the Hapsburgs she was.

tbh i always assumed people were exaggerating maris' proportions so calista flockhart acting at maximum snootiness was my go-to mental image

you'd probably get less habsburgs and more slenderman if everyone's description was literal, e.g. resembling a sentient hatrack

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I pictured a Grey in a fancy hat.

american dad x frasier eh

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Cosmik Slop posted:

I still say that scene between him and Roz where he confesses he loves her after he's been scaring away her dates is one of the best acted scenes in the whole series and comes out of loving nowhere

E: Bulldog being a series regular isn't too bad, we could have gotten a lot more Chopper Dave or Dr. Mary

dan butler was also great in the episode where he steals frasier's blind date, and he actually ends up really liking her, but gets dumped hard and goes through a moment

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

three little maids from school are we,
pert as a school-girl well can be,
filled to the brim with girlish glee,
three little maids from school . . .

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i like the bonus stage where you play as eddie, sneaking out of the apartment to sire puppies :kiddo:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was the ep where Frasier gets sick and spends it acting like a big baby, then gets hosed up on self-prescribed pills. (Which I can only presume went 'Now Kelsey, I want you to... act... like you're on a fuckload of Xanax')

i think that was a season 1 episode?

there's a slim chance that was actual acting

ruddiger posted:

Frasier’s all doped up when he spills the beans to Daphne about Niles’ feelings for her.

funny enough, frasier almost spills the beans when he's high on the self-prescribed pills, i think he just says 'i know all about you and niles, you just pretend not to notice him... :tinfoil:'

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

if frasier went marvel, niles is 100% going dc

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

'stark's old money but we still can't invite him because, well...'
*does drinking pantomime*

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

'how about bruce wayne? he's old money and was a hit last time'
*niles looks off into the middle distance, recalling when wayne almost took home daphne*
'vetoed'

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

kate costas you merlot-drinkers

she would have been the marty to frasier's hester

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i mean the whole show in macrocosm is that frasier is a genuinely kind, sensitive, intelligent man who frequently makes a mess of the simplest things because he's also prone to snobbishness, over-thinking and extreme fussiness until either the good in him lets him see the error of his ways or he just ends the episode with everyone laughing at him for snowballing a gaffe into a catastrophe

that episode's no different in that it does depict frasier's excessive concern for the sex life of his father's careworker to be every bit as goony as it sounds

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles trying to engineer a situation where daphne has to spend quarantine with him seems like peak early frasier tbh

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles: maris is practising social distancing now so you'll not be seeing her again for quite some time
frasier: i wasn't aware maris was ever socially close
niles: oh come now, the changes her distancing have inflicted on our quiet household have been quite dramatic
frasier: instead of pleading with her through the keyhole she's now using the intercom?
niles: oh it's much worse than that: to deter uninvited guests she's increased the voltage on the electric fence and its incessant hissing is driving the servants positively mad
frasier: you'd think maris' servants would be used to hissing by now

:haw:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

mmmm, that's the ticket

that's the frasier i need

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Someone posted "Wizards as Wine Snobs" and now I'm obsessed with Frasier cast as DnD characters.

Would Frasier be the saucy rogue?

frasier and niles would be a sorceror and a wizard respectively so they can endlessly snipe at each other over modest differences from these two schools of thought re: magic

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Martin though. . . Paladin? Ranger?

ranger definitely because of eddie and there's no way bebe wouldn't be a warlock

i know it's a stereotype but roz being a spoony bard means niles' snipes write themselves

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

niles: maris once tried her hand at necromancy but ultimately gave it up because the skeletons she was raising were too portly for her taste

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

not to mention that he was also the shady dad in say anything..., the drunk author in barton fink and a dc lobbyist in the american president

truly, he was more than a man

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a pair of nouveau riche brothers from a middle class background are trying to fit themselves into the seattle old money upper-crust society... they do not fit and their dad laughs at them for trying

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

frasier crane becomes a wrestling manager in the wwe, his brother manages a rival stable

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

goodnight, seattle :gbsmith:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the more i hear about maris, the more i think i would fall in love with her

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

i think in season 1 the plan was still to eventually cast maris, just build her up a bit first and have the audience think they're never going to see her like it was with norm's wife on cheers, but then sometime later she'll just appear one day and be a regular side character

eventually they scrapped those plans and so the oral legends of maris were free to grow as tall as the redwoods in california

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it was a bit of both- they realised her descriptions had already gotten so ridiculous that no actress could do her justice, so they kept her offscreen and went wild.

funny enough, before frasier david hyde pierce was on another tv show where he played an effete fella who had married a vain heiress w/an eating disorder that he didn't completely love, and consequently had to juggle a secret affection with a working class maid - david hyde pierce used his experiences from that 1 season show to give him a working image of maris for his acting on frasier, and had they ever cast maris he would've suggested the actress from that show

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

food court bailiff posted:

daphne moved across america and tried to find grounded psychiatrists to befriend after a terrible experience in new york where a bunch of filth-hounds were gambling over their own masturbatory urges

she's had a hard life, she was already escaping england where she was a maid & secretary for the pervert benny hill

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

if y'all are looking for some of that frasier comedy magic i recommend the film cactus flower, after the ~15min set up it's filled with farce, lies, rouses, misunderstandings, secret loves and eggs all over faces in a way that makes it feel like a 2 hour version of the ski lodge episode - it's probably the hardest i've laughed at something in ages, deffo recommended for fans of the 'frase'

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

saw a couple episodes of rick and morty a whiles back, didn't care for them

not enough scrambled eggs or sherry imho

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Frasierthread: pull up your favourite chair, we're having a dinner party

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

be wary of what you may summon, pretty good

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

a few days ago i watched eight men out, a movie about the 1919 'black' sox scandal in baseball, and mahoney was great in it as kid gleason

dude was definitely talented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

klingon blood wine, niles?